Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fish Tank! (pics)

New Fish Tank! (pics)

I recently was given a 40 gallon fish tank with everything!
    I did checked the water and all is good. I went to the store and got a few fish! And some plants too.
    My first fish are 3 Tetras and 1 Betta.
    I love how the plants twist like they do!

You can kinda see the three blurs, those are the tetras

And my lil Betta

I hope everything goes good for these lil guys and hope they enjoy their new home!
    Oh, And Meu-Meu really likes to watch the lil fishies!
    Last edited by kimboe; 01-18-2006 at 11:32 PM.

Wow, nice tank! Good luck with your fishies ,I'm sure they love their new home!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Very pretty! I love the setup. Be careful with the betta and the tetras, tetras are fin-nippers, they love to picked on betta fins. Along with my swordtails and platys, I got a Dwarf Gourami...he is so much fun to watch. I'd definately recommend one or two, he just flits along the front of the tank all day. He's the first one to notice when I come in the room, too.

OH NO!
    That's not good!
    Darn, What should I do? Maybe they won't nip?
    *Keeping fingers crossed that they get along!*
    I don't know how i missed that, I asked they fish lady and said it was ok? and other people as well!
    Aww...I hope everything will be ok!

Boy they must be in heaven in that large set up!

I'd just keep an eye on them, they may not nip. Some tetras are worse than others. I can't really tell what kind you have.
    I have neon tetras in with my betta & no problems what so ever.

If you can put in more decoartions that have hidy holes & the such it may help the fish live together better, giving them each a safe spot of their own to hide in if need be.

Tetras are school fish though and do best in groups of at least 5 or more.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

That's a huge tank! Very pretty. I think the tetras will behave being that there's so much room for them to swim around. Are you going to get any other fish?
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Oh my, what a beautiful fish tank!! I'd love to have that too onde day. I think my cats would love that too, a privats fish-channel
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Beautiful tank and fish!

Ooh it's really fun, I'm jealous!

Niño & Eliza

Beautiful set up! I have a tank with 2 frontosas and 1 pleco in it. The Fronts are very large fish. Frontosas are aggressive and are supposed to be in groups of no less than 6 otherwise "they will kill each other." Lilo and Stitch (my fish) have been together for 3 years without an incident. Just watch them. All fish are different. Almost no rules apply to all of them.

Make sure you do 20% water changes for a while so the ammonia doesn't kill the fish. Since the tank is new there is no "good" bacterial to eat up the ammonia the fish give off. 20% water changes will reduce the ammonia and allow the good bacteria to grow. After the tank is cycled (meaning there is enough good bacteria to eat up the ammonia the fish give off) Then you can cut back on the water changes. You may have known that already, but a lot of people lose fish that way. Your fish are small and won’t give off too much ammonia, but it’s always a risk with new, un-cycled tanks.

Also, if you are going to add more fish don't do it too quickly. More fish means more ammonia and if there are too many even regular water changes won't keep the ammonia level down.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I don't think it's as big as the person says it is?
    I measuered the tank and i think it's smaller than what i was told!

Just keep an eye on the tetras, SOMETIMES they get along with the bettas, and sometimes they don't. So just keep an eye on them, you never know!

Anyway, gorgeous tank! I wish I had one but I don't have the time or room right now

facebook

that fish tank is just so pretty!!! all the purple!1 your fish are so pretty that betta has some beutiful colors!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by kimboe
    I don't think it's as big as the person says it is?
    I measuered the tank and i think it's smaller than what i was told!

I thought it might of looked a little smaller than a 40 gallon but I thought maybe it was just hard to tell from the pics. I don't think its any smaller than a 20 gallon though. But again its hard to tell from the pics. lol
    It's still a decent size for what you have in it and most of all it was free! lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Beautiful tank. I love fish I use to have a 40 gallon take I gave it to niece she had the room for it and wanted it so bad. They are relaxing to watch.