Thread: dog rescue

dog rescue

Reading about all the dogs that people don't want or care for properly and the recent dog Andrew found (Emma) I decided to share how I got Corrie my Rottweiler. Just before Christmas, I saw her in a neighbors yard. She was very hungary and looking for food. I didn't know it at the time but she was pregrant. I can't stand to see a animal suffer so I fed her. I was a little afraid of her because I had heard so much about Rottweilers. But she seem to be gentle. My dear husband had told me not to feed her but I just could let her go hungary. Anyhow, a few days later, on a real cold windy night, my husband let her in the basement . He said it was to cold for her to be out. By that time we knew she was pregrant. Early the next morning we were awaken by her crying and rushed down to the basement. Her first puppy had been born. She had eight! At the time I was so mad to think that her owners could do such a thing to her. She looked like she had been well care for until they found out she was pregrant is my guess. The puppies were not pure Rottweilers. We loved them and enjoyed them! We wanted to keep at least one of them, but since we already had two other dogs, we knew we couldn't. But we kept her! She is my dear sweet Corrie! I love her dearly. It was my gain to find her and her owners lost. My husband said what if her owners came back and claimed her I said No way would they get her back!! Not after what they did to her. Dump her when expecting babies! I was ready to fight for her if I had too. Awhile ago I sent a thread to the rescue of Emma I may have sent it to the wrong place . I'm still a little new at this but love this! This is my dog rescue with Corrie. I have two others that our also a dog rescue story of their own.
    Mom to Toastco Lady and CORRIE

A most sincere welcome to you, toastco! Wonderful, wonderful story about your rescue rottie. I think rescues are wonderful and I think they really know when you rescued them. Your girl sounds so wonderful and precious. I have two rescues myself and I couldn't be happier with them. I love them both SOOOO much. My older dog, Graham is about 9 years old now and I rescued him from a shelter in the U.P. of Michigan where I went to college. He was 9 months old and very abused when I found him and fell in love with him in the shelter. My new dog, Kersey, who I just adopted on March 17th (St. Patricks Day!) was not rescued by me, but by her foster mom. When her foster mom found Kersey she was very depressed and starving for attention and love. She also had not been spayed, and was probablly close to having her first heat. She was a stray probablly bred in a backyard of Detroit as a guard dog. She was far too friendly and social towards both humans and other animals to ever be a guard dog so she jumped the fence and found her foster mom, who in turn found me to adopt Kersey

Here's Graham:

Here's Kersey:

I would LOVE to see your pups if you can get any photos digital Again welcome and thank you for rescuing your rottie girl

Hi toastco! I know we've talked a couple of time, and you told me your story of Corrie, but I loved hearing it again! She is so lucky to have such a great family as yours, and you must love he an awful lot to want to fight for her! Is there anyway you can post some pics for everyone to see? And we definately want to hear more about your poochies on here now!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Welcome to Pet Talk toastco! Thank you for sharing your story! I can't belive people do that to their dogs, as if it is their fault they got pregnant! Our Sadie was a puppy of a similar incident. We got Sadie from a the brother of a friend of a friend. (Say that quickly!) Her mom, Patches (a dalmation), was owned by his neighbor. He had mention that if the guy ever wanted to get rid of Patches, he would take her and find her a good home. Well, the guy took him up on it, saying he didn't like the way the dal was acting. Turns out how she was "acting" was pregnant! His black lab had out her in that position and he didn't want to deal with it, so he was going to put her down! Thankfully the guy we got her from took her in and took excellent care of her and her 11 puppies!

Toastco,

Welcome to Pet Talk. I loved reading the story of Corrie.
    I'm happy that homes were found for the puppys and also
    glad that you decided to keep & care for Corrie.I'm looking
    forward to more posts about your other dogs. Maybe learn
    how you found them too.

Thans for sharing your rescue story. Corrie must be a very special girl! She is very lucky you found her and made her life so much better!

adoremydogs

i was just looking at some of the past postings on here and was looking at Graham and Kersey. They are so sweet looking. No woder you say your adoremydogs. I'll be glad when I can show off my babies. Very soon I will share with you all about my rescue of Lady who has Russell Terrier in her. Lady and Corrie are the best of friends even through one is small and the other large. I sure do enjoy Pet talk and I feel like I know you all.
    Corrie, Toastco and Lady's mom

Toastco, dogs don't care about size. Our 16 pound Toy American Eskimo defeats our 110 pound Great Dane all the time. That little snot wins every time. I'm glad Corrie is doing so well and thanks for saving him.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!