Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a good home for a beagle/basset hound now I just need to find one

Found a good home for a beagle/basset hound now I just need to find one

If anyone knows of a beagle/basset hound in Michigan City, Ind. needing rescued PLEASE let me know. I have someone who lost (passed away) their rescued beagle/basset hound and are now looking for another one to rescue.

Thanks
    Angie
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

I'm not from that area, but if I hear of anything in my area, I will let you know.

Angie, I looked on Petfinder and I found this one in PA:

Buddy
    Dog
    Beagle,Basset Hound Mix

Size: Small
    Sex: Male
    I.D:

Notes: Buddy is an 11 year old beagle with bassett legs and is a very sweet gentle guy. He has been neutered, teeth cleaned, heartworm tested neg, and up to date on vaccines. He is housebroken, loves and needs to be around people and thrives on car rides. He is a very happy dog and is OK around kids and most dogs, unknown if good around cats. Fill a hole in your heart with this older guy. Adoption fee required. If interested contact Denise @ (717) 469-7325 or at [email protected].

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, already house trained, altered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

What a doll! He deserves the best home! Good luck to you Angie, and you Buddy Beagle Boy! If I hear anything, I'll let you know Angie. Unfortunately, I'm quiet a ways from there. But maybe I'll come across someone on the internet. Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well gee Angie, you liked all those hounds at Pet Refuge and Michigan City is only a hop skip and a jump away from South Bend, do you think they would like any of those?? Good luck and I also recommend Petfinder.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Oh my gosh Mugsy, Im such a doof ...lol.. I never thought. Thank you so much for smartening me up. Are there pills to cure being dumb ?

Thanks so much for the Buddy info I'll send it along.

Now, why would you think you were a doof...how well acquainted are you with Hoosier geography? lol You will keep us updated on your friends' search won't you? Wish them luck for me.

Hey Angie, what about this guy?? Wooster is about 3.5 hours from Fort Wayne and add about 2 hours from Michigan City (although, if they take the toll road I don't think it would be 6 hours). I picture didn't take, but he is really cute and looks soooo scared.

Harold
    Dog
    Basset Hound,Beagle Mix

Size: Small
    Sex: Male
    I.D:

Notes: Hi! I am a male Bassett Mix who is about 8 and weighs about 20 lbs. I am so so sweet and praying that I have a guardian angel to rescue me into my forever new home! I adore everyone I meet, and I am wonderful with other dogs. I even appear to be housebroken. I have been vaccinated, wormed, and tested negative for heartworm. If you are a loving home with a huge heart and lots of blankets to curl up on, than I am the dog for you. I just pray for a home to call my own since I have had such a rough life. I desperately need your love. If you are interested in finding out more about me, please contact the shelter as soon as possible. You may reach someone at any time through email or call during business hours. "You can't change the world by rescuing one dog, but you can change the world for that one dog!"

This pet is: up to date with routine shots

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

Wayne County Humane Society
    Wooster, OH
    330-262-0152
    [email protected] or www.wchs.org

Previous Return to Index Next

Thanks Mugsy I'll pass him on.

She is interested in Danni from Petrefuge but he is looking for a younger dog. She said she'll suck up to him and see if he'll change his mind.

Now, why would you think you were a doof...how well acquainted are you with Hoosier geography?
    True, Im a biology nut. I was never good at geography

I just got a reply from them as I was sending Harolds (love that name) infor over

He said Danni would be perfect but he wants one that is 1-2 years old. 4 years isn't that far off ...lol.. she's going to keep working on him. I'll work on him to

Work really hard...guilt him into it. Tell him how lonely the poor poochies are etc. My favorite saying is....Guilt; the gift that keeps on giving!! lol You will let us know what they decide won't you? If they get Danni, I hope they tell them that they found out about the rescue on here...that would be too fun. I will keep my fingers crossed that she convinces him.

Any updates on the decision making process??? I'm waiting, rather impatiently, to find out what dog your friends decided on.

i don't know of one but there is the most adorable one as dotd!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I have been away for a couple of days and thought for sure that when I checked my email she would have wrote saying she talked him into getting Danni but nope, no emails, Im going to email them again today.

Hey Angie, if Danni doesn't work, they just got another Beagle in named Abby who is only 2 1/2 years old. What do you think??