Thread: Pee issues...

Pee issues...

We have a couple of peeheads This has been an ongoing problem, off and on, for some time now.

When we got Jack, Micki refused to sleep in my bed at night with "him" and so he started sleeping with my brother (completely all Micki's choice, we actually had no influence in it). Periodically Micki will go in and pee on my bed, I have caught him a couple of times so I'm sure its him. This is extremely annoying, ever crawl into bed after a long day only to find that either the blanket is still wet (or better yet warm) or it REEKS?? Not fun...just this week I've had to wash my comforter a total of three times...and the week is only half way over!! Mini also has the problem, but not my bed, my parents. Sometimes Shadow will sleep on my parents bed, which she rarely does, but when she does decide she wants to be on the bed Mini pee will come soon after...

So I think the peeing is a direct result of another dog sleeping in "thier" spot but I guess it could be completely coincidental. However, Jack and Micki highly dislike each other and the girls are always competing for everything.

Do you have any ideas? More importantly HOW can we get them to stop?? And I know it could probably be easily fixed if we stopped letting any dogs sleep in the beds but I'm afraid the rents wouldn't go for it I've already tried this approach and they seem to think I'm just being controlling...and, I'd have to admit, it would be pretty devestating if my Jack dog didn't sleep with me

And I'm worried, if they're peeing on the beds they could easily be peeing elsewhere and we would have no idea...Where did we do wrong

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Ooohh, what a problem.
    I don't have any advice for you because I don't know what I would do myself.
    Micki is being a jelous lil thing...
    Try to keep the door to your bedroom closed at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    Try to keep the door to your bedroom closed at all times.
    Oh...I forgot to add that...my door NEEDS to stay open, the catbox is in there (I brought the cats home, the box stays in my room ) And it doesn't shut, my doors are really old handleless French doors

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Ok... this may be a stupid suggestion....
    A plastic cover for your bed? Like one of those vinyl tablecloths... just to drape on your bed during the day...? Use cloths pins or something to keep the dogs from moving it.

The only thing I can think of is closing doors or putting something on your bed, like a shower curtain, that will protect your sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    Ok... this may be a stupid suggestion....
    A plastic cover for your bed? Like one of those vinyl tablecloths... just to drape on your bed during the day...? Use cloths pins or something to keep the dogs from moving it.
    Heh we think alike!