Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I do NOT spoil my kitties

I do NOT spoil my kitties

I know there are people out there who think that PetTalker's go a little overboard when it comes to pampering their pets. I just want to say here and now that I disagree and I will show them the proof by giving examples on how I do NOT spoil my kitties.

For example, Strauss. He doesn't always approve of his canned food treat so I always sprinkle some dry food on top and that does the trick.

But I do NOT spoil him.

Ok, then there's Jan - who sometimes is sleeping on the clean laundry but she looks so cute that I carefully pick her up, select what I want from the laundry basket, then carefully set her back down on the clean clothes so that she is nice and comfy.

But I do NOT spoil her.

What are your examples of how you do NOT spoil your kitties?

These are not the droids you were looking for

Last night when my husband went to sit in HIS chair....but Eddie was there. So he sat in my spot. When I joined the party I had to take a seat without a lamp (making it hard to read) because neither of us could disturb the cat....

But we don't spoil them....

Well I just had a quick sandwich for dinner tonight, because I was going to press on with some decorating. We had just enough roast beef for a sandwich each, but Samantha decided she rather liked the smell, so I gave her half my sandwich filling. But I am trying to lose some weight anyway.

When The Found Cats sit somewhere I move.
    When they want to eat what I am eating,at the same time,they get first chews.
    If its a matter of The Found Cats Food Or Mine,thier food takes precedence.
    There is more Cat Food than Human ,and The Cat Food is premium grade.
    But theyre not spoiled.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I can not walk past one of mine without stopping for a pet and a kiss. OK, remember you asked!

Christmas... A Pet Strooler

Christmas......
    A 3 tier kitty bunk bed... someone had the nerve to call it a "baby changing table" , But I ask you, is that what it looks like to YOU?

I would fill this thread up if I posted pictures of all the things they have that they NEEDED! A 3 level perch for the window, a bed for Amy and beds for their kennels so they can at least be comfortable when they go to the vet, lots and lots of toys to keep them super busy and out of my hair... (like that is a real problem). Mine are not spolied, they just have what they need to be happy and health!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hmmm, mine have the entire upstairs bonus room ... which is the largest room in our house. But I DON'T spoil my kitties!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Ebony gets whipped cream, yogurt and cheese because he's 15 and too thin, but I don't spoil him...

Diamond and Pink Nose get to do quality control on whipped cream, but they're not spoiled..
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

3-tier kitty bunk beds LOL - that is really priceless.

These are not the droids you were looking for

That is what it is catland.... I have to say, a MUST for all kitties if you can get one. Mine love it and there is always someone on it...top, middle or bottom.... someone is there.. A Goodwill Store find!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

NO CATS are allowed on the computer monitor................well, unless they are really comfortable.

NO CATS are allowed up on the counter when I am dishing out the cat food................well, except Monte and Willow.

You will eat your DRY food, or you will starve. ............... well, except Fern. She gets canned food mixed in. And Amber because her gums hurt her. And Willow because .... oh just because.

NO PEOPLE FOOD ............. well, except Biddy (or Kim), how can you resist when they sit up and beg??

Finnigan is not spoiled, he just gets what he wants when he wants it!

Mine are not spoiled either, even if when it's meal time and if they don't come running at the sound of a can opening, I serve them where ever they may be sleeping like in my only comfy chair or my bed!

NOTE TO CATS: THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THE NEW HOUSE WITH NEW FURNITURE!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to laugh while reading this because everything everyone has described has been repeated over and over and over again at my house.

However, I have to add that there is no way Peanut is spoiled, she needed this house so she could welcome her guests in.

Oh, and Peanut's house has recently acquired a back door. Cj was trapping her in it so she had to have a way out. It was quite the project because she had to get a building permit, then had to hire a contractor. Then the contractor made a few mistakes that needed to be corrected but everything worked out in the end and she now has a back door. Will have to get pics.....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Definately no spoiled kitties here!

My cats do enjoy their own chairs that are never occupied by hooman tooshies. That does not mean they are spoiled, only that I am sensitive to hooman allergies and try to combat fur distribution by having a chair just for them

We bought a King Sized bed because we hoomans had no room in bed after they jumped in at night. That does not mean they are spoiled, merely that their physical comfort is properly attended to.

I hand feed them treats daily and they talk to me at length about their day during treat time. That does not mean they are spoiled, merely that their emotional needs are properly attended to.

I keep coming back and I am cracking up! It all sounds like typical stuff to us, don't it?