Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I "adopted" Scooter

I "adopted" Scooter

Sorry to mislead you, but I didn't actually bring her home, I'm actually "sponsoring" her which means I'm paying $20.00 a month to go towards her care.

I came across The Hermitage Cat Shelter's web site and started looking through it when I saw this.

Scooter can't move her back legs, but don't tell her that! You'd be surprised how quickly she goes flying around the room!

Now look at this.

The first one is Scooter, the second one is Peanut when she was about 1 year old. Can you see why I fell in love with Scooter? I can't believe even the background blue is so similar!

The shelter is going to be sending me pics and updates on Scooter. We will also be visiting Tucson at the end of April, so I hope to be able to meet my new little Scootie girl at that time. It's strictly a sponsor thing though. As you all know, Terry won't allow anymore cats in the house so I have to console myself with sending money and getting updates on her.

If you look at the website under "Support Us" then under "Sponsor a cat" then "show me cats I can sponsor" about half way down you will also see Scootch, an adorable attention grabbing blackie that is also looking for a sponsor and reminds me so much of another blackie attention monger I knew once. I just started paying back all my student loans, so if a few months go by and I see it's not affecting me too seriously financially, I'm also going to sponsor Scootch.

This all just came about last week so I haven't gotten any updates from Scooter yet, but when I do I'll be sure and let you know. The lady from the shelter said they had a little photo shoot the other day, so I'm anxiously awaiting pics.

Anyway, just wanted to share "my" new little girlie with you all.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

As soon as I saw that first photo, I thought - It's a Peanut Twin! I didn't even need the comparison shot! She's beautiful (of course) and I'm glad you're spponsoring her!

That is a wonderful thing to do. 1by1 has a sponsirship program especially for those who can't take a cat home. It pays A LOT of our bills. It is a very important program. Thank you for doing that for Scooter.

I wonder if she is as tiny and dainty as Peanut but she could be her twin! She is so lovely!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Scooter is gorgeous! That's a lovely idea to sponsor her. These schemes are a great idea. You must keep us updated on Scooter.

Debbie, Scooter sure is gorgeous and I also think that she looks like your Peanut. This is such a wonderful thing that you're doing.

She's a beautiful little girl. Congrats on your new sponsor kitty!

Congratulations!!! She is stunning.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

That just makes me want to cry!!!!!

You are such a CARING person Debbie!!!! She is the most stunning cat. I'm sure if Peanut could understand she would be so proud.!!!

*kisses* for Scooter....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    She is gorgeous! What's wrong with her back legs? Any pics of them? Is it a birth defect, or injury to her spine? Nosy nosy me....always interested in those special kitties.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I am going to have to see if there a program like atht where I live,although I would probably insist on the Cat joining the Found Cat Hotel,as I would fall in love.
    Bless you for helping Scooter out.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

As soon as I saw Scooter's pic, I thought "WOW, she looks just like Peanut!"
    Oh Debbie, I think it is WONDERFUL of you to sponser this little girl! YIPPEE!!!
    Is she still available for adoption though too? So if someone comes along, they will let you know?

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    She's a beautiful little girl. Congrats on your new sponsor kitty!
    Oh, and Kim, you reminded me of another reason why "sponsoring" is good for me.....if I fostered I'd fail miserably too. This way the kitty never comes in my house, so there's no worry about it leaving. Don't know what will happen, though, when I keep Terry updated with all the info on her, then we finally meet her. This might just be what melts him finally.

Jan, I don't know what's wrong with her back legs. That's something I'm hoping to find out when I get uppydates from her. However, I do know they mention elsewhere in their site that they have several "handicapped" kitties - some from accidents, some cerebreal whatever kitties (like Amy and some of yours) and I'm sure they have some that they have no idea how they got that way. Kim (Kimlovescats)They are more than just a shelter, they are a sanctuary where they will take in injured or sick kitties that need special care, then care for them for the rest of their lives, so I don't know if she's really up for adoption or not. I think if the right person came along though.... I think it said somewhere that they just recently started adopting cats out. They were originally started by a nun....well....here's the story in their words.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to find out more about her!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I LOVE the Hermitage Cat Shelter. It is such an amazing faclity. They are cage free which I love! They also have an amazing outdoor enclosure so that the cats can enjoy some sunlight and fresh air.

I think it said somewhere that they just recently started adopting cats out.
    For as long as I have lived here they have always adopted out cats. They do also adopt out cats with special needs. I've visited it a few times and I'm always amazed at how wonderfully run it is there.

Congrats on "adopting" this sweet girl!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Those apple green eyes sure got my attention!!!
    Nine is Fine!!