Thread: poop eater

poop eater

help help help... How do we get our 4 mo. old maltese to stop the eating of the poop. she is "wee wee" pad trained for the pee. and is doing well, but she is lost when it comes to the poop location, and some times it's gone...ick what can we do to stop it ....

Watch her as much as possible! When she goes poop, CLEAN IT UP right after she's done and dispose of it properly. Also there are some tablets you can buy that you put in with their food that will make their poop taste VERY unpleasant and will deter them from eating it.

facebook

cane_corso_mom Guest
    Watch her, and if you have a crate keep her in there when you cannot watch her. A crate is like a den to a pup so she will not soil in it - it's in the wolf characteristics. Have her sleep in the crate, too. Take her outside after naps, after meals, in the morning, and at the least every hour. If you watch her on a leash when she goes potty outside then immedietly put her back inside. There are some pills and powders they can eat and it will make her poo taste discusting and she will learn not to eat it. If you use newspaper or potty pads instead of putting her outside, then make sure you can clean up the poo immedietly.

pat22

Thanks for the suggestions ..but i already tried the crate when we first got her, she still messed in it... the poop eating is during the nite. she was very sick when we got her and she only eats chic. breast and has to eat frequently so i cant even time her for bowel movements. I will look into something to put in her food...although she might not eat it if i so add something, we'll see,
    thanks again