Thread: Dream Home!

Dream Home!

I thought I'd share this because its so cool! HGTV makes a dream home each year. You can enter everyday to win it. This years Dream Home is in North Carolina. It's huge and amazing, Here's the link where you can tour the house and enter.
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home/

GOOD LUCK!

Dream home, absolutely! But winner beware. Anyone who wins the home has to pay the taxes on it. There was a story on tv about how a couple won their dream home through hgtv and couldn't pay the taxes on it so they were being foreclosed on. The old saying in THIS case is, "If it seems too good to be true, chances are IT IS!!"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yeah, my mom said that to. But she said they are trying to make it so that the winners also win the money to pay all the taxes. But they can't right now.

If they can afford to pay for Ryan and Tristas wedding a couple years ago and all the trimmings (including diamond studded shoes AND 2 wedding dresses) they can SURELY afford to come up with money for the taxes. What a lame excuse.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

That's what I said to. It's an excuse. They can pay for all those shows and stuff to.

That house is absolutely gorgeous in North Carolina. I used to enter that contest but after hearing that tax story that Donna mentioned, I won't enter again. The whole thing is unbelievable. Those people that won last year had to pay almost $650,000 in taxes I'm a huge fan of HGTV but I wonder how this will affect the popularity of this contest.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

If They don't pay the winners taxes on the DREAM HOME, IT will loose it's popularity real quick!!!!Who has that kind of money anyway, except the rich. And they don't need the home!!!Middle class people and others who don't have a home of their own want to enter in these kind of contests. It's horrible that people that have won, did not have the money to pay the taxes and lost the home!!!!!!!!!!!!

The house is beautiful. But the taxes will make people not enter. I though it was cute the doggy dream house. But the taxes

The problem with winning something like that is most certainly the taxes, and due to laws they cannot pay the taxes on it for the winner, as the winner would then have to pay taxes on what they used to pay the taxes on the house, etc.

If they truly wanted to make it something that the winner could afford they could make winning something like winning a lifetime lease or occupancy of the house, with the studio keeping the title to the house. Then all the winner would have to pay taxes on is the annual value of the lease.

That is such a beautiful home, but I read the rules, and
    the winner could be stuck with the taxes. (kept me from entering)
    Now that is a scary thought on a 2 million dollar home.
    Maybe the show could give a choice of either the home or money
    to the winner.

----<---<--<{(@

My parents still enter and say they will sell it if they win

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    My parents still enter and say they will sell it if they win
    Good Idea, but I won't want to be stuck with the house, if no one can affords it.