Thread: -cries- :(

Unhappy -cries- :(

hey guys,
    I haven't been on here much lately but i HAD to tell you guys something. Well, Clara attacked me the other night and so..... we are going to give her up. I went up to her and for no obvious reason, she grabbed ahold of my hand and wouldn't let go. My dogs and mom came over and tried to get her off, then she turned on my mom. My mom decided that she cannot put up w/ a biting dog. My hand is ok (just had to get a cut glued), but my mom who got the worst of it, had to get 12 stitches (sp?). Anyways, i wanted to tell you guys that to keep you updated. We finally got her off and she trotted off like nothing had happened. All my Love Hogs were ok, just kinda hiper making sure i was ok cause i couldn't help but scream when she grabbed me. I am just glad that i know my dogs are willing to put thier lives in front for me. (it hasn't and hopefully won't ever come to that but.....) Thanx for your time reading this.
    Love my dog, I'll love you,
    Corner my dog, I'll corner YOU!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

An animal's eye have the power to speak a great language. - Martin Buber

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Bern Williams

Dogs are miracles with paws. ~Attributed to Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. ~Phil Pastoret

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~Andy Rooney

I know how hard that is, we made the same decision for a cocker spaniel a friend found on the freeway when I was younger. He was a very loving dog, but he also bit with little or no provocation and we had two small children in the home.

I am very glad that you and your mom are ok. Don't feel bad, you are making the right decision. Hopefully she will find the right home with the means to help her overcome this issue.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

yeah

i'm just scared that she will be put down or that she won't get a loving home. we like just got her and i will really miss her. We are taking her at 3:00 today. I'm soooooooooooooo sad.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Bern Williams

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. ~Phil Pastoret

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~Andy Rooney

What kind of dog is she? Is there any way she could be refered to a breed rescue instead? How old?

Karen, here's her petfinder... http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?act...=0&tmpl=&stat=

I'm not sure why she's still on petfinder. It seems really strange that she would bite unprovoked like that... how sad for everyone involved . I hope that the shelter she's from did behavior evaluations on her before adopting her out.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

(((hugs))) I am so sorry, I know how hard that can be. When I was little we had a husky that bit my father and wouldn't let him go, so my parents made the most difficult decision of re-homing her. Hopefully Clara will get into a home where her owners can work with her on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    I know how hard that is, we made the same decision for a cocker spaniel a friend found on the freeway when I was younger. He was a very loving dog, but he also bit with little or no provocation and we had two small children in the home.

I am very glad that you and your mom are ok. Don't feel bad, you are making the right decision. Hopefully she will find the right home with the means to help her overcome this issue.
    sorry

(((((HUGS))))))
    I am so sorry to here this. You tried to save her but she is just to much. Thank you for trying. I think this is the right decision. Good Luck to Clara.

thanx everyone! we got an update today (only 2 days after! yeah!) that Clara has found a lady in Mississippi that rescues cockers that have problems,then trains them into behaving. I'm so happy! and the lady has 7 other cockers so Clara will also be well socilized. We are keeping contact with Clara's new owner and are trying to plan a trip to see her once she is trained and fit into her home. The woman is wanting to wait for Clara to see us, scared that she will not do something (i'm not sure) if she sees and remembers us. so i'll keep you updated!!!!!!!!!

That's great! Clara, I hope you get trained and socialized well. Good luck planning a visit!

aww ((HUGS)) that is wonderful news! I am so happy for your family!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)