Thread: Swimming

cane_corso_mom Guest

Swimming

Diesel LOVES water, and LOVES swimming in our backyard pool, he has this frisbee he catches as he hits the water... it's looks awesome! Does your dog like swimming too?

Your siggy looks like kays kiki she's a nut for the water.(she looks like part rotti but the water part is what I mean)
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Tango LOVES swimming! lol...if it was possible, she'd probably rather live in the water than on land.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Thumbs up

funny

Our dog (Rex) HATES water, and he has swam once, but won't ever do it again.

Shame though, I'd love to go swimming with him

Princess

Princess loves to swim! She has a little life jacket for when we go on the boat and little floats for when we are in the water. She just loves-loves-loves any kind of water. She also loves to take a shower with me
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Belle doesn't care one way or the other about water; it's just something to go through or around when we hike, but our coonhound Maggie absolutely hates it! She balks at crossing streams 1/2" deep or even mud puddles! For a dog breed that has been used to hunt all over forested land for raccoons (which of course love waterways) and in the Louisiana swampland, she certainly avoids the water!

Smile swimming

Russo loves loves loves swimming but he doesn't like baths and he hates the garden hose, can't figure that one. Playing fetch in the water is his favorite game (he won't play it on land)

As far as baths go, Belle and Maggie get in the bathtub on command, and then sulk while I bathe them. They are always happy to be done with bath time, but they try to make me feel sorry the whole time.

Fenway loves to fetch sticks in the lake, pond, river or stream. He walks on the beach but won't go in the ocean (he only gets wet if he's not paying attention and a wave runs him over).

However, Fenway is very afraid of in-ground pools. When we're in the pool, he runs upstairs, curls in a ball and takes a nap. I carried him in the pool once and put him in. He freaked, got out and we didn't see him for about 2 hours. I don't know what it is about in-ground pools.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Riley avoids swimming in the ocean, and hasn't had a chance with a pool yet. My prior dog, Frankie, wouldn't stay out of the pool. She would run around, get hot, and then swim to cool off. If she heard a splash in "her" pool, she would go crazy and howl until someone let her in the pool area. She was a nut about swimming .

However, Fenway is very afraid of in-ground pools. When we're in the pool, he runs upstairs, curls in a ball and takes a nap. I carried him in the pool once and put him in. He freaked, got out and we didn't see him for about 2 hours. I don't know what it is about in-ground pools.
    I wonder if it has do do with splashing? Another one of my dogs would swim in a pool, or lake if there was no loud noises. The second there was splashing and people swimming, she was out of there.

Jamie L-O-V-E-S to swim!!! I can't keep her out of a body of water, be in a pool, lake, stream, whatever! Regardless of temperature or time of day, she's a fish!

Charlie on the other hand will walk but not swim. He freaks out!

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Mamma
    Princess loves to swim! She has a little life jacket for when we go on the boat and little floats for when we are in the water. She just loves-loves-loves any kind of water. She also loves to take a shower with me
    Omg she likes to take a shower with you that is SO cute! The day my dog does that, well, lets just say it won't happen lol. My dog Rainy HATES the water. If she needs a bath, we usually try and not say the word bath out loud or she'll mysteriously dissapear for a while. Sometimes we can't even spell
    B-A-T-H, she understands!

Georgia hates water
    Alaska is fine with going in water... as long as he's chasing a boat
    Buddy is fine with swimming, if you go in with him

My suka & ice enjoy a swim , but suka paddles more than really swims!!!!!!!!!

Ice

suka

ice eyeing her ball