Thread: For Dixie Belle

For Dixie Belle

We had planned on getting a boy. Jeremy even picked out a big, beautiful boy puppy. But you were sitting there looking at me. I told Jeremy, I want this one. He laughed and said that I only wanted you because you were paying more attention to me instead of him. To this day I will believe that you understood everything we were talking about. You got up walked over to Jeremy, sat down and began to look at him. He couldn't help it. He put down your brother, and picked you up. You slept in my lap all the way home. After a lot of thinking and talking, we decided to name you Dixie Belle and call you Belle. Dixie because we live in the Heart of Dixie, Belle meaning "beautiful" in French.

We had Blue with us still when we brought you home. How much fun was it to call the two of you, "BLUE BELLE." Amazing was that Blue took you in like you had always been. I'll never forget you growling at him because he got to close to your food. He looked so stunned. You were such a good girl. You learned to sit, stay, lay down, roll over, and speak.

A year after we got you, we moved. We introduced you to Mama Dog. How the two of you managed not to kill each other is beyond me. You bite off a peice of her ear. But ya'll worked it out. Couple of months later Missie joined us. Mama never liked her, but you stood up for her and never let Mama hurt her. Before to long, Prince joined the ranks. How we laughed as we watched you run away from a dog that could fit in the palm of my hand. How it amazed us when you let him boss you around. You never did that for any other dog before, or ever again. How about the time we took you to Mom and Dad's and you tried to fight Justin. That old boy was every bit of eight when he taught you a thing or two. And then there was the day you tried to chase Jewel. How surprised you were when she didn't run, but clawed you on the nose.

Then there were your eye surgries. And then you tried to eat a wasp and it stung you on your tounge. It swelled up so bad, I just knew you were going to die before I could get you to the vet.

How many things I can remember about you. It would take me all day to share them all. The mud rides we went on. The people you scared. Even though it doesn't sound funny, the way you did it was.

You knew I was pregnant before I did. You took to Austin like he was yours. If he cried, you would bark until we got him quiet. You loved for him to pet you.

When you lost the use of your rear end, we were so upset. After the xray, we just knew we would have to put you sleep. But the steroids worked. Then I went into preterm labor and Lex joined us. Then another spot in your back caved, and once again you couldn't walk. It took us a long time to make the decsion. Even longer for me to work up the nerve to call the vet and take you.

Before I loaded you in the truck, I talked to you. I told you that everything would be okay. That you would be whole again, the way you deserved to be. I told you that you would be with Mama Dog, Prince, Justin and Jewel. I told you that there was plenty of family there to play with you until I could join you. And I told to just to wait. Before you know it, I would be there with you.

So my baby girl, my Belle, just have a good time. Play with Mama, Prince, Justin, and Jewel. You will meet Serenia, Gent, and Golahand. All of you can be together, whole and happy, waiting for the day that I can be with you again. Take care, and enjoy. We miss you.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

What a nice, loving tribute to your beautiful Belle.

Play nice at the Bridge, sweetie.

Rest In Peace sweet Belle. It is so good to know that she was
    greatly loved. Belle will be missed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Cheryl, that is lovely. I'm so sorry for your loss.

What a lovely tribute. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing her story.

Play hard at the bridge, sweet Belle.

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute to your girl.

Rest, sweet Belle until you see your Mommy & Daddy again.

I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Belle.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry for your loss...
    That was a Beautiful Tribute to your Dear Belle!!!
    Godspeed to The Rainbow Bridge,Sweet Dixie Belle!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Rest in Peace sweetheart. Have a wonderful time playing at the bridge

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh, my. How moving. RIP, Belle, how loved you were.

What a beautiful and loving tribute to Belle.

RIP Sweet girl

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets