Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DOG BOOKS & MOVIES

Attention everyone:

I was unpacking all of our books yesterday and found my copy of "Chicken Soup For The Dog Lover's Soul" and I would be more then happy to put it into the rotation of our DOTD book club if anyone would like to borrow it. If it's already one of the books that's being swapped then disregard this post. If it's not already one of the books that is being swapped, then first to send me email to the email address in my profile will be the next to have the book sent to them.

Hey Guys!

I didn't find the one I was looking for but, I found another great book by the same author! It is called Animals As Guides for the Soul.

It's a very good read! If any of you are interested, lemme know! (Also if you read it, I'd love to have you autograph the book!)

Hi book and dog lovers. Sure wish I had the time to read all the wonderful books you are suggesting. Taking care of Mom (in a wheelchair & bedside comode is turning into an 18 hour day. But in the light of the barbaric terrorist attack on innocent people I am thankful for every kindness and smile I encounter throughout the day. Missing my time on DOTD and oohing and ahing over every new dog of the day. I do have a great book to send to whoever requests it. "The Company of Dogs" is a compilation of 21 stories by contemporary shortstory masters. If it does get mailed around please feel free to autograph your favorite story. It would be interesting to see who likes what!
    Let me know if you're interested. Bea in WA.

HI: MISSED YOU ALL! I JUST HAD A B-DAY AND GOT 2 NEW DOG BOOKS. HONEST DOGS BY A REPORTER WHO CAME IN LAST IN THE IDITAROD AND DECIDED TO RUN THE YUKON QUEST WHICH IS MUCH TOUGHER SINCE IT IS NOT GROOMED. HOPE TO GET IT READ BEFORE THE 2002 IDITAROD IN MARCH. THE OTHER BOOK IS THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO DOGS BY ASPCA. IT'S TERRIFIC! AND NOW A LITTLE PLUG FOR JACKIE'S DAISY DRESSED AS A PUMPKIN ON "HOTDIGGETYDOG.COM AND FOR MY VERY OWN MOLLY G. WHO IS RUNNING BEHIND SOME VERY STIFF COMPETITION IN THE OCTOBER HOT DIGGETY DOG CONTEST. THANKS TO ALL WHO VOTED FOR HER! ANYONE KNOW ANY "SPOOKY" HALLOWEEN DOG BOOKS OR SHORT STORIES? HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO SHARE WITH THE REST OF THE PACK!

Bea, I would sure like to read "The Company of Dogs". That is kind of my motto: I prefer to live my life in the company of dogs. And a Happy Belated Birthday to Ms Bea. And congratulations for having loved ones who know how to pick a good gift. How's mom doing? Do you think she'll be able to go back to her own home one day?

Bea, Happy Belated Birthday, your folks sure know the best kind of birthday gifts to give.
    That's so funny, my daughter-in-law loves her Schnauzers as much as I do and everything I bought her for Christmas is either dog related or Schnauzer related.
    I'm also wondering how your Mom is doing?
    Hope all is well.
    Jackie
    p.s. I did vote for Sweet Molly

Glad you are back!!
    Just got this update on another book last night it is Watchers by Dean Koontz, I guess a golden plays a key part in it!
    I also like his books Fear Nothing and Seize the night he has a loveable black lab named Orsen in those READ FEAR NOTHING FIRST!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci, Oh My Gosh! I read Watchers about 6-7 years ago and also several other Dean Koontz books as well. Watchers will have you on the edge of your seat! Another really scary one of his is Whispers!

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: Pam ]

HEY "SPOOKY" PEOPLE.....THANKS FOR THE DEAN KOONTZ HALLOWEEN SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE NEVER READ HIS BOOKS, BUT SOUNDS LIKE HE TELLS A GREAT SCARY STORY. SURPRISED NOONE MENTIONED STEPHEN KING'S "CUJO". :eek
    THANKS, TOO, FOR THE CONCERN SHOWN MY MOM. HER ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON SAID SHE COULD BEGIN TO PUT 25 LBS. ON THE BROKEN LEG. SHE STILL HAS TO WEAR THE ANKLE TO THIGH BRACE 24 HOURS AND THE TED HOSE TO KEEP THE SWELLING DOWN. ALMOST DAILY SHE ENTERTAINS US WITH REALMS OF POETRY SHE MEMORIZED IN SCHOOL FROM 1918 TO 1926. AND MS. MOLLY G. GETS THE LEANEST PORTIONS OF MOM'S MEAT AFTER DINNER- EVERY SINGLE EVENING. WHAT A SPOILED GRANDDOG!

Leslie, I just wanted to make sure that Bea's book finally arrived (no fault of the US postal service).

Sorry I was so slow! Isn't it just beautiful?

The first person to post that they would like to be the next recipient of 'Pack of Two' is the lucky winner Just email me your address and I'll send it along. I had asked around after I finished it but didn't get any takers. Happy to oblige!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

i sent a response...the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Got it Nicole! It's on it's way! Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hi Logan! Yes I did get the book and it does look so beautiful. I have not yet read it but plan on reading it this weekend if not sooner. I am absolutely 100% OK that you didn't ship it right away, I was actually very relieved because I was worrying about the post office losing and/or accidentally destroying the book I have gotten late bills that were just shy of being completely shreaded, with a letter from the post office saying, "oops...we shreaded your letter by accident...sorry" (not in those exact words ) so the fact that you were late shipping it to me was a huge relief. When I begin the book I will send out a notice, and at that point, I will finish it up and send it to the next wonderful pet talker who emails me.

I will let you all know when I am done or close to done with the book so you can email me your address.

Thanks again, Logan...and Bea I can't wait to read the book. Oh and Bea, I sure do hope your mom is getting better and you are getting enough rest. Caretaking sure is a big job. You are a true saint to take care of your mother. Bless you.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

Ok, here I am, late again Another apology due... Anyway, "Pack of 2" is a MUST read!! Logan is right, I could have written that book. Somehow my heart and mind were secretly invaded. I cried at the end, it was so ME and my relationship with Cody. A lot of the same experiences, it was eerie.

I think I have 2 copies of "In the Company of Dogs". If anyone would like one to read/keep/pass on, please e-mail me and I'll send it on! I thought it was great, but not as easy a read as "Pack of 2"

Has anyone ever seen a movie called "Bingo"? Caught it on cable once by accident and it was hilarious! "Bingo" was amazing. It was just so goofy that it was great!