View Poll Results: Do you read pet magazines and books?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!

34 91.89%
  • ummm No

2 5.41%
  • I don't read.

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you read pet magazines and books?

Do you read pet magazines and books?

Yes!!!!
    I read Bird Talk mag.all the time.I have read bird behavior books by the dozons,cat books,dog books,ect... right know i am reading a book about a city vet moving to the country.

Sometimes I'll pick up a magazine on german shepherds or kitties.

Yes, sometimes. The only dog magazine I read is the Dogs in Canada Annual pretty much every year, occasionally I'll buy an America's most popular dog breeds if they happen to have a copy of one of my favourite breeds. I do read through my Toller books often though.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I have a subscription to Cat Fancy Magazine. I've had it for years. It's the only magazine I read from front to back!

Alot of my friends give me cat books, so yes, I read them too!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't read.
    I used to, though. About three years ago I was addicted to reading anything I could get my hands on as long as it involved dogs. A weird phase that didn't last long.

I buy at least two new books about dogs, dog behavior, dog training, dog health or dog breeds a year. However, I am waaayyy behind on my reading (I am on Pet Talk all of the time), so I haven't read many of them. But, I intend to continue to pick up new books, because they will at least be there when I want/need them.

I am addicted to magazines, I'm saving up for the Showsight and Spotter subscriptions I didn't get for christmas.
    I also love Practical Horseman and their "jumping clinic" thing

Niņo & Eliza

yes, i love to read about sotry about people that own dogs and information on dogs health
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Erm well yes, I read them while on register at work LOL

facebook

I'm subscribed to Dog Fancy, Just Labs, and a few other dog magazines. I also have tons of dog books on health, different breeds, training, cooking, etc.

Dog fancy, pet talk, and cat fancy are my pet magazines. I have so many dog books they fill two out of three rows on my bookshelf. I have just about every breed encyclopedia that's been made, including some antiques. I'm only missing Simon and Schuhster (which I take out from the library all the time). I read them from front cover to back cover when I get them. I have a few training books and some specific breed books. I have health and nutrition books. I also have my own breed encyclopedias, which are currently in two blank 200-page booklets. I have a half a page of info on the breed and then I put in every good picture I find of the breed. I started this when I was a kid and still am working on it though it seems kinda corny. Won't ever be published though as there isn't a single picture I have permission to use.
    Other than dog books I also have a good collection of fish care books started. I've got MTS (multiple tank syndrome) and if it weren't for me being between home and college all the time I'd have tanks everywhere. I'm making myself stick to a goldfish and some betta girls until I find a permanent place to live.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

But of course. I'll buy any magazine with my favorite breeds or dog activities or if it has a subject that may help me in some point in time or another, or if there is an article that seems interesting. I also buy books on dog breeds, training and just stories about animals and anything about wolves. I also buy ferret magazines.
    Yes I have plenty of books & buy magazines often, usually some sort of animal related magazine once every month or 2.

I don't really like to read anything that doesn't have to do with animals.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

A little more on books.
    I won't ready any more stuff by Bruse Fogle
    I used to have a really nice huge antique dog book that had pricless pictures of famous dogs from the 60s-80s and I lent it to a friend who moved away before giving it back
    Dog Fancy is way too general for me
    I like the way the Simon and Schuster's dog book shows the breeds in a good light, yet has the "may nip" (and other) symbols at the side.
    My favorite horse book is Understanding Horses and I have never seen a horse book written by an American author, has anyone else?

Niņo & Eliza

I subscribe to a reptile mag, and I occasionally pick up dog mags off the rack. Once in a blue moon a horse one, too.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

I subscribe to Dog Fancy and Cat Fancy, have for years.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla