Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm back from the vet, Pouncer is not :(

I'm back from the vet, Pouncer is not :(

We went to the vet today to see about his straining. In my heart I knew he was blocked.

Of course the WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, Dr. K. is away for a vet conference so I got the cranky, attitude ridden Dr. B. She is just AWFUL. Everyone in the rescue cringes when we need to see a vet and she's our only option. Usually I opt to wait a day or two til another vet is available, but I couldn't do that today. He needed a vet TODAY.

She felt his bladder and said that it was empty and that she couldn't see reason why he's straining. I told her that I had permission from the director to run Xrays and do whatever is necessary to fix him. She did NOT want to run Xrays. I had to convince her that he's sick, and that our director is a-ok with the expense.

15 minutes passed after they took him in the back for Xrays (the longest 15 minutes in my life) and she returned with an Xray showing a "mass that may or may not be a stone" so she wants to run more tests and possibly do surgery thursday if it is a stone. She totally refused to run any more tests without speaking to our director first. I understand that, and was prepared for it so I gave Dr. B the director's work number.

So now I'm home and already missing my boy terribly. I KNOW what the additional tests are going to reveal.... meowmie just knows. Of course, now my little worried brain wonders if the "mass" could be a stone or some type of cancer... meowmie's can worry better than anyone ya know!

Now all I can do is wait to hear something from the director.

Not Dr B.! Oh well.....

I KNEW that an x-ray is in order! I just KNEW it! I am SO glad you demanded it! And don't worry about that nasty "C" word, it's a stone. I imagine it is the reason he blocks, then doesn't, then blocks again. it throws off pieces that pass, but not easily. It will cause nothing but trouble and will need to come out. Don't worry, I've been through this multiple times. Pounce will be OK!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Oh no, that is not good news. Hopefully it's just a really large stone and can be removed easily. I will wait to hear updates.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Kim, I'm so sorry you had to deal with this vet - have you considered complaning about her?

I really hope that Pouncer will get better soon, whatever the problem is.

Sending positive thoughts and healing vibes to Pouncer - and hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So sorry that you had to get the nasty vet. Sure hope they can fix your baby and get him back to you quickly. Prayers on the way.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Kim ~ I'm so sorry that Pouncer isn't back home and being a nawtee boy. I wish they wouldn't jump to the most awful possibility when they are trying to diagnose our babies. We are sending you prayers.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I am sending positive thoughts, I am sure Pouncer will get better soon. Waiting is terrible, but there is nothing more you can do

Hugs

Aww, I'm sorry you had to come home without Pounce. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they identify and fix the problem once and for all!

Well, I'm trying to take my mind off Pouncer so I am doing laundry. I always fold clothes on the couch.... and noticed a HUGE wet spot. Somebody peed on the couch. This has never happened before. I'm going to change out litter today and clean the boxes, but I have the feeling the culprit is the boy that is currently at the vets.

I simply cannot get mad at him for peeing on the couch (someone has also pooped on the carpet outside the box twice this week) IF he is the outsiude the box culprit, I simply cannot be mad at him. Now if its Allen.... hmmmmm..... he's mad at me because I cleaned his teeth the other day (oh how long they hold grudges!)

Oh Kim, I so very very sorry!! Poor poor Pouncer, and poor you!

You know what, it would KILL me to wait for the results, and I sure hope it's a stone that can be surgically removed, and no cancer. Let's just hope it's a stone! Since he had already crystals in the past, I'm positive that it's a stone.

Anyway, it's so hard to be seperated from him, and now he's at the vet's. And at the top of it, you had to deal with Dr. B.

All our best wishes and positive thoughts are on the way for Pouncer, and Lily is sending all her love.

You and Pouncer are in our thoughts here!

Kirsten

I, too, am sorry that the vet you would have liked to see Pouncer was not there!! That happens with human doctors,too!! And just like with a human, you had to push to get the XRay and then something was found!!! Thank heavens Pouncer has you as his guardian!!!! Like another post said, don't even think the "c" word! It is just a stone! MORE PRAYERS for Pouncer and you!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Kim ... I went through the same thing with my own personal physician a few years ago. I went to him feeling extremely sick, and told him I had been wheezing. He proceeded to examine me and point blank said to me "you're not wheezing"!!! Finally I asked in a sarcastic way for him to just prove me wrong with an x-ray. He responded, "my, we are testy today!" to which I replied, "NO doctor, I am SICK!" As it turned out, he had to eat his words when he read the Xray and saw I had PNEUMONIA!!! Turns out I ended up in the hospital for 13 days with DOUBLE pneumonia!!!

I would be worried about my baby just as you are Kim ... but you are now in a position financially to be able to offer him the best of care! I'm sure he will get his surgery and be all better soon!

(((BIG HUGS)))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Kim ... I went through the same thing with my own personal physician a few years ago. I went to him feeling extremely sick, and told him I had been wheezing. He proceeded to examine me and point blank said to me "you're not wheezing"!!! Finally I asked in a sarcastic way for him to just prove me wrong with an x-ray. He responded, "my, we are testy today!" to which I replied, "NO doctor, I am SICK!" As it turned out, he had to eat his words when he read the Xray and saw I had PNEUMONIA!!! Turns out I ended up in the hospital for 13 days with DOUBLE pneumonia!!!

I would be worried about my baby just as you are Kim ... but you are now in a position financially to be able to offer him the best of care! I'm sure he will get his surgery and be all better soon!

(((BIG HUGS)))
    Kim
    I hope you found a new doctor after that incident.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Thats a shame that you have to deal with someone that is so unpleasant,especially when the life of a Family Member,is on the line.
    I really dislike it when People bring thier Bad Attitudes to thier Workplace.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I simply cannot get mad at him for peeing on the couch (someone has also pooped on the carpet outside the box twice this week) IF he is the outsiude the box culprit, I simply cannot be mad at him.
    I felt the same way when Pete was struggling with this same illness. He developed a preference for peeing in the laundry baskets. Clean laundry prefered. I told myself as I rewashed the clothes(we have water delivered to our house so water is a precious thing around here) that at least Pete could pee.

I hope Pouncer will be home soon. A stone would certainly explain his symptoms.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving