Thread: Nature in your area!

Here it is:
    Sunland: Tallahassee

I had it in my original post

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    Here it is:
    Sunland: Tallahassee

I had it in my original post
    Yeah! It looks like an awesome place to explore, and it definitely looks haunted to me. But It gives me the creeps just looking at the pics...
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    LOL yeah it is quite scary, even during the day. It's so creepy looking. I was hoping to get good pictures of it, but my dad was in a bad mood so I decided to take the pictures from the car. Oh well, I have to go back I guess. My friend's boyfriend lives very close to it so next time I'm over I'll have to drive by and take better pictures.

Unless if I missed it, I didn't see the stories and pictures sent in from people, and I thought that was the best part on the website!
    lol its so cool but so freaky. I love abandoned places..I dunno why though cause I get so freaked out by them too. The music & pictures on that site were really scary
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Great thread and wonderful pictures everyone!

Here's a couple from around my area

This one is from the big ice storm (Jan 04)

And here is one from my back porch of a big frost we had (Dec 05)

And this one is the view looking out of my computer room window (Nov 05)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wow that last picture is beautiful! I wish our leaves here looked like that!

Not realy nature but we did have a Wallaby hop up our street last week . Mind you we dont live that close to forrest, we have a few huge parks around that he may have come from or... someone had him illegally as a pet .

Anna that last shot is gorgeous, what stunning colours .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wallaby!!!!!! :d
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Do you live in Austrialia, clover?? Sarah, that is so freaky. I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GO THERE>

OMG! I can't sleep tonight. THAT IS THE SCARIEST THING EVER! OMG! I AM SO SCARED!

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    OMG! I can't sleep tonight. THAT IS THE SCARIEST THING EVER! OMG! I AM SO SCARED!
    lol sorry. It is creepy, but I live on the other side of town so I'm ok. I'm actually not afraid of ghosts because I don't believe in them, it's more the people that lurk around there. They can be quite creepy.

I'm still new to this area, but there are sooo many hawks, falcons & eagles in Toronto's GTA & surounding area, its crazy!! If I go out in the car I'll see atleast 2.. I know they are out more in the summer time. 10yrs ago I counted 30 in 1 day & 6yrs ago I was past 60!!!

I'm still new to this area, but there are sooo many hawks, falcons & eagles in Toronto's GTA & surounding area, its crazy!! If I go out in the car I'll see atleast 2.. I know they are out more in the summer time. 10yrs ago I counted 30 in 1 day & 6yrs ago I was past 60!!!
    really? I live in the GTA but I don't really see that much lol. I probably see one every 2 weeks or so. I always see them flying but never up close

Toronto is known for its Falcons. They nest on the window ledges of the tall buildings & help keep the pidgen population down.

When I'm on the Mississauga bus I always see one hunting on the side of the road. Today we saw 2 & we only went 10km if that. We were on Dundas, Erin Mills & Burnhamthorpe (something like that). When we went to Ottawa for xmas we saw about 20 while on the 401. Most were perched in a tree watching the cars.

Off topic...

bluekat, we're having a small PT meeting at the toronto zoo this spring/summer.. I knew what your tag looked like but couldn't remember your name, so I'm glad you posted here PLEASE join us its a weekend at the zoo

Ooh yea we do have alot of pigeons. I don't think I've seen a falcon downtown before though
    & yea on highways I always see alot.

Aw I'm sorry but I know I won't be able to..my parents would never let me meet anyone I met online. Sorry though, hope you guys have fun!

WOW! I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO THERE NOW! We are going up to FL in April and he was talking about some Sunland place the other day! I AM NOT GOING!