Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Special Girl Lola is Gone :-(

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

My Special Girl Lola is Gone :-(

Lola my dear girl was sent to the Rainbow Bridge last week. She was a rescued feral girl along with her only surviving baby (of 4) Lita. Lola survived on the streets for who knows how long until she came into my life. She had a very rough start, but over the year + she was here, she blossomed from a shy reclusive semi-blind kitty, to a love seeking sweetheart. In the last six months she would greet me every morning and I'd brush her ratty dry coat and sometimes got the honor of rubbing her tummy. The whole time she was here I never saw her groom herself, so her finally allowing me to brush her daily was a treat for me and for her. Lola was never a big eater either...preferring crunchies to wet food. She knew she was different and she'd always defer to the other cats when it came to eating the desired wet food, and I'd always be sure there was some left over for her...and only her. Lola was diagnosed with kidney problems, and for a week or so I was doing the Lactated Ringers but she was going downhill faster than anticipated, and it wasn't fair to keep her going on the fast decline she was going through, so I kissed her goodbye, and told her her daughter Lita will live on for her, and that Lola will always hold a place in my heart. That ratty little girl was a miracle from the day I got her. I feel blessed that I had Lola for as long as I did, despite the fact that she was not only a feral who learned to accept love, but also the very rough story of how she (and her surviving baby) came into my life....http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ight=Lola+Lita I'm quite sure that her bad start contributed to her kidney failure...how could it not? RIP my trusting little former street waif..I loved you when nobody else did...except your sweet little Lita who misses you too. I will kiss your (huge) baby every day, and let her know how hard you tried to survive for her.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Porto Alegre, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
    Sorry to hear about Lola passing away. She was much loved and taken care, she knew. Now Lila will confort you as well. Lou
    Meow Meow Meow: Well, well, Summer is coming... what a hot, deep blue skies, and a lot of "mangas, melancias", those beautiful season fruits....!!!!!

So sorry for your loss. How wonderful that she enjoyed your pampering for a treasured year, at least...

Frolic happily at the Bridge, beautiful girl!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I'm so sorry to hear about Lola's passing. She knew that she was loved and that she'll never be forgotten. RIP sweet Lola.

So sorry

Sorry to hear about Lola, but glad to know that she had someone that made her final time among mortals sweet time.

Oh QSA my heart goes out to you and I understand so much how you feel about loosing sweet Lola, you made a big difference in her life and she knew you loved her and that she was special, I am so sad to hear she has left for the Rainbow Bridge, maybe Lola and Zara are happily playing together,infact I am sure they are two sweet lil ferals having the time of their lives, chasing butterflies and playfighting with each other. HUGS to you I know your heart aches right now but just want you to know i am thinking of you and Lola will never be forgotten.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I am so sorry for your loss. Lola will most certainly be waiting for you at the RB and she will be healthy and vivacious.

I'm so sorry about Lola. She knew she was loved. Do you think she may have been pretty old?
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Lola

What a brave, brave girl Lola was! Abd how WONDERFUL that she knew love and had a caring and wonderful home for the rest of her dear life!

You made the right decision, though I know how torn up you must feel.

God bless you and Lola; you have a huge heart and her daughter is thriving!

hugs
    Catty1

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    I'm so sorry about Lola. She knew she was loved. Do you think she may have been pretty old?
    Thank you all. I don't think Lola was very old at all...maybe 5? The vets are leaning toward her off the charts temps. of over 107 degrees when she was first rescued, as a contributing factor to her kidney problems. I remember them telling me the thermometer didn't go as high as her body temp. when she was fighting probable pyometra after giving birth in a dirt hole. She amazed everyone by surviving that unforgetable ordeal. I'm glad I had her at all.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Aww! Jan! I am so sorry for your loss of Lola. She was a very special girl and I know you will miss her a lot. May she rest in peace at Rainbow Bridge and be whole again and watch over her sweet Lila and her human that loved and cared for her. In her 5 years, she had more love than she could possiabily imagine. You know she was happy and loved and I hope that comforts you some. RIP sweet Lola!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I have been touched by your story of Lola. God love you for taking her in and giving her the care and tenderness she needed so badly. I am sure she is running around the Rainbow Bridge telling everyone how fortunate she was to have lived with you.

Lola, now restored to full health and sight - run - play - have fun - your human Mama would want this for you.

You gave Loal a chance to know kindness and love, and she will always remember that. Sleep softly sweet Lola...
    Nine is Fine!!

There will be a Special Dinner for Lola,and she will be formally bee given Her Pet Angel Wings.
    Then she will be able to dine in style with All The Pet Angels as they snag the Shrim,Beef and Chicken.
    And she loves you Jan,for what you did for her,and she will thank you in person,when you meet again,One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS