Thread: I'M A BAD MOM (Christmas tree) :-(

I'M A BAD MOM (Christmas tree) :-(

I usually keep my Christmas tree up until January 6 (Feast of Three Kings). But I took it down tonight, because I saw Zerlina nibbling on it!

This is a cheapy-cheap 24-inch tree ($9.99 USA at Walgreens, including a string of lights and some ornaments), made of some sort of papery stuff. Don Juan never did more than pose with it. In deference to Zerlina's high energy level , I got out only non-breakable ornaments.

I haven't seen any bald spots, so I don't think she did more than mouth it. She's eating in her usual enthusiastic fashion, using the litterbox and enjoying the water in her special dish on the bathroom sink. But I feel bad for not considering how much she loves her kitty grass and catnip, and choosing a safe tree.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Awww, Well at least the lil kitty is safe than sorry!

Thats scray that Our Cats can be harmed by an Innocent Thing like a Christmas Tree!
    And You are right in being safe,than sorry.
    We hope that Your Kitty is All Right.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Oh Mom....sometimes you just have to do what's best. Nibbling on the mysterious papery substance is definately a no no Zerlina.
    Sometimes they eat the weirdest stuff!
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Instead of being a bad cat meowmie, you are an excellent one for noticing her nibbling and immediately taking action to prevent more! I know I've heard that some artificial trees contain lead, but this may be old news and I think that was in the more plasticy ones. I'm sure she'll be ok if she's still eating and acting normal.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

My 2 cats just jumped in my tree(real) and hung out on branches that would support them and then they peed on it I love my cats but my tree this year barely made to christmas All the bottom branches where hanging and it looked sad all droopy like. Oh well that is one of the great joys of having cats.

I think that was very smart thinking on your part.I took my Christmas tree down the day after boxing day,when I found Felix laying down on the branches half way up the tree with lights wrapped around his body I was'nt going to chance anything after that.I kinda felt bad at first,but I know I done the best thing.As did you.After all we want our little ones to be safe

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Don't feel bad!! You're not a bad mom, you're very caring because you took down the tree immediately when you saw Zerlina nibbling on it!

The other day, I felt like a bad cat mom, too, because the cat grass has dried and now Lily has started chewing on the yucca palm. Now I'm waiting for the new cat grass to grow...

Kirsten

Awww...you aren't a BAD meowmie!! You're a GOOD meowmie for keeping your furkids SAFE and away from the skerry white coats!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy
    Awww...you aren't a BAD meowmie!! You're a GOOD meowmie for keeping your furkids SAFE and away from the skerry white coats!!
    I agree. It's always better to be safe than sorry.