Thread: Filtering Water Dishes

Filtering Water Dishes

I have just recieved a catalog in the mail and I was thinking about getting one of the watering dishes that you fill and it filters the water all of the time. So that their water doesn't sit still in a dish and get stale?? Has anyone ever tried one of these and if so, what sort of results did you have?? I don't want to scare my youngest she is pretty much scared of her shadow. Any info. Would be great!

*I've been Boo'd*

Well you can get the ones that are quieter and that "flows down" the center instead of trickling out and making splashes and won't be as loud.. if that makes any sense. I think Petmate makes some. We used to have some with the built-in filters at PetCo but I guess we don't carry them at my store anymore!

facebook

I bought a fountain from one of those "gadget" books. It was okay but you get what you pay for. It started leaking after about a year so I bought a PetMate fountain at Petco and have had it for 3 years. My cats love it, it's alot quieter than the cheap one I bought and the water flows so there is no splashing.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My kitties have a PetMate fountain. They have had it for a few years now, and they all love it.

PetMate Foundations are a hit at our house. We have two
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I have the Petmate Freshflow.... and the kitties love it.....

I've had it for almost four years now.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Filtering Water Dishes

My Bleupurrs have a 'Drinkwell fountain', it is quiet and is very easy to clean and maintain. The one I have has a large reservoir on the back.
    I also have a very timid kitty, Phoebe, and she has no problem with the fountain.
    >^..^< >^..^<
    Zöe and Phoebe
    >^..^< >^..^<

Petmate Freshflow here as well.....

Filtering Water Dish

My cats love their Cat it watering dish. It is easy to clean and fill with water. I actually think this works better than the petmate one that we had at first. We found that the petmate one didn't work all the time and leaked easily too.

Thanks Everyone

Thanks for all the info. I am going to get online and check these out. So far I have heard a ton of info on the Pet Mate brand I am gonna check them all out. Thank you to Everyone who helped out.

*I've been Boo'd*

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I had a PetMate one and wasn't impressed with the quality. The cats could take it or leave it, they never really fell in love with it. It was hard to clean and then the pump just quit working. I haven't replaced it and the kids really don't care. Besides, Mishi prefers the fresh-flow "fountain" in my bathtub and his personal maid who turns it on for him!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10