Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick, sick, and getting sicker. :(

Sick, sick, and getting sicker. :(

I know no one really cares to hear me whine but, ever since I came home from vacation i've been sick on and off. I'd be fine one day then the next i'd feel crappy. Well, now I believe I have tonsilitis. I have all of the symptoms. It is very hard to swallow anything. My dinner last night was instant mashed potatoes.

Stayed home from work today and i'm going to the doctors when they can schedual me in.

I'm so sick of being sick! I've almost tried every cold medicine out there. BLEH! Also, the main reason for this is just incase anyone's noticed me not being around here as much lately. I just haven't had to spirits/energy to do much of anything.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Hugs I know how you feel . I had the longest worse case of sick I have ever been. Oct -the 1st week of Dec. Never want it again. Drink losts of green tea. Get well soon
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

I hate to hear you haven't been feeling well, Kay. That isn't any fun at all. Brandon has been going through the same thing. He had a nasty cold and just when he thought he was getting better it hit him again full force.

Hopefully you can get into the doctor and they can help you out some.

{{MORE HUGS}}

WAH! Of course people care!! Sounds to me like you have something more significant than a cold going on, and probably aren't taking as good of care of yourself as you should!! Rest, rest, rest, and drink alot of fluids. Let us know what the doctor says!

Kay Ann, I hope you are feeling better soon. Great idea to go to the Dr. because it does sound like something more significant than a cold.

Not fun at all - being sick!

Oh no! So sorry you are sick, that is no fun at all, especially during the holidays. I hope the Dr. can help you out, and get you on the road to recovery. I hope, too, that S, N, & K take really good care of you!!!

Poor you! It's so annoying being sick, gets you down all the time i've been having lotsa those little headaches that you get just on your forehead. They're so annoying I hope you get better soon!!!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Yeah.. The Muttlies have been taking really good care of me. Nala has been following me in every room I go. Although when they bark it's hard to get them to quit because it hurts to talk loud.

The doctors office is closed today. (What people don't get sick on January 2nd? ) Hopefully they'll be open tomorrow. I'm really sick of missing work, too. But if I went i'd probably end up being sent home anyways.

It took me atleast a half hour to eat a bowl of soup this morning. It was cold by the time I was finished. I'm forcing myself to drink and drink and drink although it hurts so badly to swallow even water.

Thanks everyone for your concern.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I hope you feel better soon!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Hopefully it is something easily treated! So many things (mono, strep, swollen glands because of an infection, etc. etc.) can cause a sore throat and difficulty swallowing, I hope it is something other than "just a cold," where they just say "lots of fluids and rest ...."

Bundle up on the couch and I'd recommend just calling the doc the minute they open tomorrow and begging to be seen right away - they usually leave some time in the schedule for "emergencies." If they say they can't see you, ask for a referral to someone who can.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Hopefully it is something easily treated! So many things (mono,
    Karen, that is exactly what I was going to say. I had mono when I was a little older than Kay and I will never forget the sore throat that went along with it. It took me about a month to start feeling better. Kay you are doing exactly the right thing - drinking liquids and taking it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

Kay I do hope you start to feel better and mention Mono to the MD when you can get in because they might not automatically run a test for it.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Oh I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling so lousy. As everyone has said, lots of fluids and lots of rest are the answer until you can get to a doctor. I hope they can fit you in tomorrow morning.

I don't have anything near as serious as yours sounds, but I have been getting colds on and off since September. I hate being sick.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I hope you feel better (((HUGS))) we all care about you and of corse we noticed you arn't around much!!! I know how you feel I think I am having the same thing..... good luck at the dr. office and I hope you feel better soon!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)