Thread: ????

????

Ok my orangie has this spot on the top part of his tail about 1 inch from his back that is all greasy feeling and it is matted(??) I have heard about stud tail but from my understanding that is under the tail not on top?? was I missinformed? He is about 2 years old and has been fixed if that matters any. Is there anything I can do to make it not matted and greasy? Thank you in advance...

You mean it's always or often like this? Or just today? If it's just today maybe he walked under something that dripped, a car or something?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

No it's always sometimes worse than others. He is never outside always inside, he is scared to go out we have tried that a few times and he doesn't move he just sits there and cries....

Does he scratch it like it bothers him? How's the skin look in that spot?

I haven't noticed him scrathing but he does clean the area alot. The skin looks normal but he does have little black dots almost like dirt, and all the fur has fallen out about a 3 inch area long not wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamb
    I haven't noticed him scrathing but he does clean the area alot. The skin looks normal but he does have little black dots almost like dirt, and all the fur has fallen out about a 3 inch area long not wide.
    The black dots sound like flea dirt to me. Which would also explain why he would be cleaning the area a lot or scratching even.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    The black dots sound like flea dirt to me. Which would also explain why he would be cleaning the area a lot or scratching even.
    Yes, i think it's flea dirt too. You can check by dabbing the specks with a damp cloth. If they go red, it's flea dirt.

Zimbabwe 07/13

not flea dirt neither one of my cats have fleas. They haven't had fleas since I got them 2 years ago, they were stray's living under my moms porch with the momma. I put flea collars on them and treated them and no fleas since.

Maybe Check Anyway

Some stupid flea could have snuck in - and their favourite place is the base of a tail!

Try the water trick and see if the black bits DO turn red.

If so, retreat 'em. Once every two years is pretty good!

Cheers
    Catty1

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamb
    not flea dirt neither one of my cats have fleas. They haven't had fleas since I got them 2 years ago, they were stray's living under my moms porch with the momma. I put flea collars on them and treated them and no fleas since.
    I thought my two would never have fleas again either, but no matter how much you try to prevent them, one will always get on sometimes

facebook

ok I checked not fleas....

You are clearly concerned about this, or at least very puzzled, if it were me I would just pop in to the vet to find out and settle my mind one way or another. If it's not bothering your cat now, and it's the start of something that might be bothersome later, you'll be catching it in the early stages.

I think we're all intrigued as well now, so let us know the outcome please!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)