Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Border Collie x Husky? =\

She isn't a fan of coarser hairs and she doesn't like how they are more pack-ish than other dog breeds and how they need a firmer hand as they tend to be pushy.

I can't remember who told her that bullpoop.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z
    She looks like a full BC to me. She's got the BC ears

I'm not getting involved in any arguements or anything, but i don't think Vela was being sarcastic. I think she was just a little confused as to why your mother would want rid of the dog if she was crossbred. All i'm saying is it didn't appear sarcastic to me, but maybe it did to you, and i know how people take things differently.
    Thanks Miss Z, you are right I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was confused as to why, after adopting and loving a dog, someone would want to get rid of it if it turned out to be mixed with another breed of dog. Seems like that wouldn't or shouldn't really matter if you adopt a dog and love it and it fits in fine.

BC-Mom, no need to jump to conclusions and be snippy to me, I didn't say anything rude to you in any manner. I certainly hope your mom doesn't get rid of her. That would be a shame, she looks very sweet.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    I was confused as to why, after adopting and loving a dog, someone would want to get rid of it if it turned out to be mixed with another breed of dog.
    Well, if my Mom really falls in love with her, she won't care. But we've only had her a week, but she's slowly growing on my Mom.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

She is a cutie pie! And, ahem-clears throat- huskies have many redeeming qualities. Just fyi, huskies are extremely loving and fun dogs. They're very smart, and, yes, they have a strong pack instinct, but if you have her inside with you, they you are her pack. I have to say, we had a BC mix and I found his energy level exhausting to keep up to. My huskies are very mellow.
    Purebred or not, both breeds have wonderful qualities and many times crosses get the best of both! Good luck, I hope you do get to keep her.
    Last edited by cyber-sibes; 01-02-2006 at 06:22 PM.

Heh.. tonight on our walk when I would go ahead with Mickey, she would howl and yelp on the lead and raised her two front paws off the ground and pulled.. isn't that Husky behaviour?

I kinda half hope she's purebred, but kinda half hope she's Husky because I've started to really like Husky's lately for some reason! I've been seeing them all over the neighbourhood just lately and at the dog park.

She looks beautiful, and BC to me. But, then what do I know?
    MAXIMUS is a cross breed. I have to deal with that everyday.
    But then again, I don't have my mother telling me.....well, anything.
    If you have had her for a while, what difference should it make?
    You don't have to lie. Everyone says she looks like a BC. So........
    assure her she is a BC. And, maybe you don't have to worry about
    it so much. They are both wonderful dogs. But, if that's what she
    wants, all these people say, that's what she is. Just what all dogs
    are........just lovey things that want you, and all the love you have.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    Heh.. tonight on our walk when I would go ahead with Mickey, she would howl and yelp on the lead and raised her two front paws off the ground and pulled.. isn't that Husky behaviour?

A lot of dogs do that, I know for sure that Tango has no Husky in her but when I walk ahead with Winston and my mom has Tango, she does everything you described Molly was doing. I've met a lot of Border Collies and quite a few of them looked very similar to Molly, I highly doubt she has anything but BC but we'll have to see what she looks like as she gets older Pups are hard to determine breeds...

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I'd say BC...

This dog is pure BC, and she looks a lot like yours? I'm really not one to know though, but I assume if she had husky she would be kinda bulky? BC are really slim

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

She looks all BC to me . You probably wont be able to tell untill she is a little older.

Elvis howls, pulls and he is all BC .

ETA that is one cute BC Audrey .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I'm certainly no expert but in my humble opinion, she looks 100% BC to me

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Hehe, alrighty.. Thanks guys!!

The trial ends on Wednesday, and that would be the day we officially adopt her.. I'll let you all know what happens.

(Even though I know we'll be keeping her.. my Dad LOVES her )

She looks like a purebred BC bundle of cuteness to me!!! I sure hope you get to keep her, she's so beautiful, purebred or not!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I think it's just the blue eye throwing you off. People see blue eyes and they think husky. Truth is, many breeds can have blue eyes, including border collies. Border collies can also have erect ears...hers look like border collie ears, not husky ears. It's hard to tell with her being so young, and you'll never know 100% either.

No offense to anyone here...I think both border collies and siberian huskies are normally dogs for experienced owners only, and I've been around both breeds, I'll take a husky any day, while they are not easy I think they are easier to handle than a BC!

I really hope your mom wouldn't get rid of her simply because she thinks Molly is part husky and she dislikes huskies...you will never even know if she's purebred, just love her for her personality not her breed (she's beautiful btw!)

Nebo is a purebred siberian husky and his friend Cisco is a BC/Aussie cross. Cisco is more like a BC in the face I think. I've attached some pictures of them together for reference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sled04.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	25723   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picnic05.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	25724   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strut67.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	25725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strut70.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	25726  

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q
    No offense to anyone here...I think both border collies and siberian huskies are normally dogs for experienced owners only
    I agree completely. You can't just walk out to a breeder, buy a BC pup, come home and expect it to be an angel.. you need to do MAJOR research and get completely prepared.

Cisco and Nebo are BEAUTIFUL dogs! Lovely scenery!

Jess I see absolutely NO huskey in her, at all. All I see is purebred BC! IF there is a mix the only mix I could think of would be with an Aussie, since both breeds are so close you know?

But otherwise, she looks pure

facebook