View Poll Results: which do you perfer??

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • female

19 32.20%
  • male

25 42.37%
  • undecided

18 30.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you perfer male or female dogs???

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee
    I have a thing for males. They are usually (in my opinion and observations) a bit more goofy and cuddly and I really like that.
    I agree. There are always exceptions, but from most of my experiences, the males are always a bit more laid back.

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Sorry if I (or anyone else) offended you somehow (your post seems a bit aggrivated.) However, I too was just posting my opinion and experience. Female dogs that i've owned/known have always been more affectionate - at the shelter, in my family, friends, etc. My Nala is the goofiest, sweetest dog i've ever met. Whereas, Simba is far too regal and good to act goofy.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I just wouldn't know, I have only had MAXIMUS(male), so, I really wouldn't know. But he is the loveiest thing I've ever met. Although, I would choose a female puppy for his next friend. I just want to make
    sure he can deal with "it." Yes, IT, I'm still not sure. The pics I've shown of the "free girls", he is so far ok with. I would take them both in a second. I think MAXIMUS would too. But, we have restrictions......a very new business(cash to concider), and, mostly not enough room. Although, if I could get them inside, we would probably keep them both. There can ALWAYS be enough room. That would have been our Christmas wish. I think he likes them.

And, I think three big dogs in the house......would be just wonderful.
    OOoo!!! So sorry.....got off the subject.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

I really love males. I don't know why.. I get along with them better than females, lol. They are also more relaxed and outgoing than females. Females tend to be more dominant.
    Last edited by BC_MoM; 12-29-2005 at 02:05 PM.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

males...i don't know why, i guess it's because i've never had a female dog.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

My two canine soulmates are both females, but I prefer males for new additions. Females are much more difficult to integrate into a pack. There are only six girls here.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I don't know if males or females are more cuddly/playful..I know with my 2, Zeke is by far more cuddly. Josie will, but Zeke will do anything to be snuggled. That's why he's so easy to train.

That being said....I don't have a preferance really. I think my next dog will be female though..

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I can only speak about Akita's since that's the breed I have experience with.That being said I prefer the males.My females were always the ones trying to dig out and run were as my males were quite happy being at home.My males were always a bit more lovable and believe it or not a little less aggressive.They also seemed to adjust to new people and new surroundings a little easier.I have a male now but I'm planning within the year to adopt a female from a local Akita rescue sometime in the spring.Even though I prefer a male I do equally love the females.

I always used to think there was difference in personality between males & females, but over the past 10ish years I have changed my mind. After being around a lot of dogs often I personally think there really is no difference between the sexes anyways. I think what makes the difference is a combination of things, what breed, how the dog was bred, raised, cared for & trained.

To me it doesn't matter one bit as long as they have a good personality, are friendly & healthy.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Undecided. I've never owned male dog so I really can't compare which is easier to care for.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I didn't vote because I don't have a preference. Until May we had 3 females and 3 males. I really don't think you can say that one sex is more independent than another. I think it more has to do with the breed. I have two male airedale mixes - they are more independent and can cuddle but are more likely to be off at the end of the couch or floor. I have a male Dalmation mix who thinks he is a part of me. 55 lbs. is a BIG lap dog! Oreo was a poodle/beagle female mix and she was the most independent dog you would ever want to meet. I think she had more cat in her than anything else. Dazzi and Pippi are both cuddlers so again I am not sure it has anything to do with sex. I would say that I would rather take a female to someone else's home. I think males tend to mark even in homes quicker than females do. At least that is my experience from the terrier twosome.

I don't tend to pick my pets by whether they are female or male but by who I am attracted to or needs me the most. (And right now there is a little male terrier calling my name but my husband says he thinks I am hearing things again.)

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

I had female dogs growing up and a male now, and I adore them all. I think it depends on the individual dog - my RB Lady was the sweetest, kindest hearted, most loveable girl ever, and not a day goes by that I don't miss her even though she died over 10 years ago. But Roscoe is such an awesome dog, he is so cuddly and affectionate and protective and cute and...I could go on and on. I am completely undecided

Both!
    Buddy was the first male dog I've even had and I couldn't believe the difference! In my own experience, females have been more independent and stubborn at times where as males attach themselves to you and tend to be babies. The only draw back from my first male dog experience (Buddy) is the whole Marking thing. Ugh, my poor flowers and trees in my yard, check that, the flowers and trees that USED to be in my yard
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I prefer females. I have a male and I love him dearly, but I have always had female pets and I am biased I suppose to them. Sadie and Maggie are always with me, much like Kay's Nala and Kiara. I can attest to that since I have met with her. Grant will go outside all by himself and love it, not my girls, they want in with me. Grant will lay with me on the couch but it takes him a while to settle down and just lay there. I don't think it has to be with a dog being a male or female in terms of cuddliness/affectionate, I think it stems from the dog's personality. I know my 3 all have very distinct personalities.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I prefer males, and to tell the truth, I've never owned a female dog! I'm not sure why, except that my dad has a preference for males and has never really liked females...I do notice that female dogs I know tend to be hyper and skittish (not all, but some) and Blaze is a pretty laid back Border collie, so I'm happy with him. But it really doesn't matter to me, and I like both males and females!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins