Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think of this?????????

I to am against dog fighting but that does NOT make the video or the quote wrong. the video is illistrated to make a point, so what if it comes from a fighting perspective, the video is right, and could very easily be about ANY breed, its simpley a point that working BC people and working terrier people have been making for years, show people deny it, and the video proves the show people wrong, I auplaud it and I LOVE the video and agree wholeheartidly with every word on that video.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
    Regardless of what dog fighting *should be*, or how *it used to be* I will always stand against it.
    No problem. We're on the same page.

When one writes about some of the old time dogmen, this doesn't necessarily mean that you or I completely embrace their ideals, nor necessarily did I mean to imply it of you. Nor do I mean to imply, those were the "good old days". In delicate topics like this, sometimes it is difficult to write with clarity.

I thought you brought up great discussion points including the potential issue of intentionally breeding for exaggeration. Definitely a sore point in my book since it potentially creates an increasingly unnatural dog and can lead to unexpected problems. This selection for exaggeration in breeding is an element that faces most every breed to some extent due to the unbalanced nature of the show ring in selection of breeding stock.

I have found that many people are not aware of how exaggerated that even common breeds have become, which is why I keep a copy of that photo of the skulls. Note how similar the skulls in the top of the selection, and how distinct they become as time goes by.

Great topic with strong relevance to other breeds.
    Semavi Lady Visit the blog!

its not about fighting at the end of the site for the breeder who made the video it says punish the deed not the breed that shows me right there hes not in it for fighting.....
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Thanks everyone. I didn't think it was about fighting. But I may have
    misunderstood it's meaning. I thought it was someone being proud of
    making a new "something" and wanting to make it a pit bull....or something.
    I'll look at it again. I've tried not to watch it again after the first four or
    five times.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~