Thread: Blood in Stool

Blood in Stool

I need help. I know I always complain of Kasie's smelly poop, but tonight when I went to daily clean the litter box after Kasie I notice that there is blood in her stool. What could this be from and what should I do? She doesn't act like anything is wrong, but I'm concern. She eats, drinks and plays.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you know if she was straining while she was pooping. If so she may be slightly constipated and this is why there's some blood in her stool. My Sky had this problem about a month ago and my vet told me to mix some canned pumpkin in his wet food and it helped him. You can also buy some over the counter laxatives but I forget the names of them. I'd call your vet to make sure.

How old is Kasie? Does she go outside at all? Sometimes cats can pick up coccidia or other bacterial infections and if she has this she'll need to be seen by the vet and have a stool sample tested. If she does have coccidia or something else wrong then she'll need to go on Albon or another type of medicine depending on what the vet finds. Good luck. I hope it's nothing serious and that it can easily treated.

That sounds like either constipation ,or she has hurt herself and may have internal bleeding.
    Either way Kasie should be heading to the White Coats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh, I'm sorry!

I would definitely take her to the vet, along with a stool sample. Maybe she has worms or another kind of parasite? This could also cause the bad smell of her poop. Poor baby! Hope she'll be alright.

Please keep us posted.

Kirsten

Sorry to have kept everyone hanging. We just got back from MIL and I had taken Kasie with us so the vet could check her out. We were told to take her off Purina and put her on either Nutro Maxx or Science Diet. Diagnosis for her bloody stool. She was straining to poop. The vet was asking me what kind of jelly the blood looked like apparently a brightly colored blood is nothing to be overly concerned. When its darkly colored is when it is majorly concerned.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

I'm glad to hear that Kasie is ok!

Hugs,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yup, I was about to recommend Nutro. When we first had Allen, thats exactly the issues we had with him - man that boy could clear a room with his stinky poos. The Nutro DEFINATELY made life better.

Go to Nutro's website and sign up for coupoins. Its worth the 5 minutes it takes, because they'll send you $1 and $2 coupons

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Yup, I was about to recommend Nutro. When we first had Allen, thats exactly the issues we had with him - man that boy could clear a room with his stinky poos. The Nutro DEFINATELY made life better.

Go to Nutro's website and sign up for coupoins. Its worth the 5 minutes it takes, because they'll send you $1 and $2 coupons
    Do you know where I can find Nutro Maxx? I haven't seen it in our area.

You would have to go to a Pet Food Store as Nutro is not carried by any of the Super Markets!
    Good Luck with Kasie!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by mina'smomma
    Do you know where I can find Nutro Maxx? I haven't seen it in our area.
    Do you have Petco or Petsmart? If not, ask your vet where you might find it

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Do you have Petco or Petsmart? If not, ask your vet where you might find it
    There is a Petco by our house. I'll check and see if its there.