Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nauseous when I wake up (NOT pregnant)

nauseous when I wake up (NOT pregnant)

For the last 2 years I have felt nauseous in the mornings and anytime I wake up, like if I take a nap or wake up in the middle of the night.

2 years ago when this first started it was not all the time, usually only if I didn't get enogh sleep or if I had to eliminate myself. And I would only feel nauseous for about 5-15 minutes. At first it would happen once a week or so.

Over the years it has worsened. Slowly it started to happen more frequently & lasted longer.

For the last 5 or so months or so it has been EVERY morning and it lasts now for 25-70 minutes.

It makes no difference if I eat before I go to bed or not, if I eat when I get up or not, doesn't matter how much sleep I get or if I have to go to the bathroom or anything. And this happens AS SOON as I wake up. I start feeling nauseous within a matter of seconds if that, like before I can even shut off my alarm clock.

I have no other symptoms, no heartburn or indegestion or anything.

I am a little stressed out sometimes but not that often and for that long.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    Yes I am going to the doctor but they can't get me in for another month.
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 12-22-2005 at 03:15 PM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

my hubby has teh same thing but it stops as soon as he get in the shower, and he went to get himself checked because like you said it was caused no matter what he did or didn´t do/ate/etc., and they told him it was probably caused in its mayority by stress, so maybe that tha case with you too, anyway its awful to feel like that, hope you gets better
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

i dont get neasua but when im sleeping and its only on the weekend i get really bad gas stomach aches they kil so bad and i have to wake up so i wake up at like 6-8 every weekend i dont get any sleep,it better not be like that over the holidays
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Yikes - that sounds miserable.

How soon do you eat breakfast in the morning?

Have you tried having something munch on as soon as you wake up, like 7-up and/or saltine crackers? I know thats a trick some pregnant women use. You could probably just google words like "nausea remedy causes" and come up with information.

Time for disclaimer here - I am not a medical professional - it could be caused by something very simple or something very serious so please do keep your doctor's appt.

good luck.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Quote Originally Posted by catland
    Yikes - that sounds miserable.

How soon do you eat breakfast in the morning?

Have you tried having something munch on as soon as you wake up, like 7-up and/or saltine crackers? I know thats a trick some pregnant women use. You could probably just google words like "nausea remedy causes" and come up with information.

Time for disclaimer here - I am not a medical professional - it could be caused by something very simple or something very serious so please do keep your doctor's appt.

good luck.
    Yeah it stinks, since it is happening every morning now I have been getting up a half hour early in the monring so I can get everything I need to get done on time. Most mornings I spend about 15-30 minutes just sitting there cause I feel so yucky.

I usually don't eat until 1-2 hours after I wake up. I have tried eating right away but it doesn't help at all. So now I just wait until I am hungry to eat.

And yeah, I figured it has to be either something very simple or something very serious, doesn't really seem like something that would be in the middle. I will keep my Dr's appt. because I HATE feeling like this.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I have the same problem and lately it got worse - I had some tests done and they revealed a bacteria - Hellicobacteria Pyllori (sp?) and some other small problems. I have to start taking medication - I will start next week and I hope it will get better. All my co-workers kept making fun of me saying that I might be pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Vio&Juni
    I have the same problem and lately it got worse - I had some tests done and they revealed a bacteria - Hellicobacteria Pyllori (sp?) and some other small problems. I have to start taking medication - I will start next week and I hope it will get better. All my co-workers kept making fun of me saying that I might be pregnant
    Did you have any other symptoms?
    How long have you felt nauseous like that?

A while - but for a long time it was just now and then, now it happens more often and several times I had to "talk to the bushes" on the way to work in the Central park

One think made me feel better - no milk at all. I am sure the doctors will prescribe a strict diet and I am pretty careful with what I eat already.

Yeah, I've noticed that milk makes me feel worse (if I drink it right before bed or within the first 1-2 hours after I wake up).

What HP test did you have done? (I've been reading up about it)

Do you have any indegestion symptoms? Like I NEVER have heartburn or the like.

You might have your blood sugar tested. If you are having morning low readings, that can make you feel nauseated. Does diabetes run in your family at all?

Hope you find out what is causing it, and get feeling better!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If not diabetes you could have low blood sugar symptoms , which they find can be the precorser to diabetes (my case I had low blood sugars from age 12 -30 then became diabetic)
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

I doubt it's diabetes, my nephew does have diabetes (type 1) that they though was hereditary, but no one else in our family has diabetes. We test ourselves fairly often and it's always comes out ok.
    My blood pressure has always been perfect too. The doctors always compliment me on that.

Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector
    Most systom of Carbon monoxide are Flu-like systems, feeling tired.
    If it has been lastng for awhile i would consider getting a dectector. It could be mild right now but what if the gas level rises??( causes death )

Quote Originally Posted by kimboe
    Do you have a Carbon Monoxide Detector
    Most systom of Carbon monoxide are Flu-like systems, feeling tired.
    If it has been lastng for awhile i would consider getting a dectector. It could be mild right now but what if the gas level rises??( causes death )

I don't feel tired & nothing in my home runs off of gas and this happens even when I am away from my house for a few days. My furnace runs off of Kerosene or fuel oil (either or or both), and everything else (hot water, oven etc...) is electric. Can you still have a CM leak from kerosene or fuel oil or something else?

Yep!
    Carbon Monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of the fossil fuels - gas, oil, coal and wood used in boilers, engines, oil burners, gas fires, water heaters, solid fuel appliances and open fires