Thread: I trapped Zara tonight.....

I trapped Zara tonight.....

I am so happy to report that we managed to trap Zara, in fact it was a piece of cake, we had the trap out and within less than five minutes three cats appeared on my back lawn, Victoria, the Tom cat, and Zara, I watched holding my breath, as i was so scared vicky or the Tom would get trapped, I had some nice gourmet tinned catfood fish in there and obviously they had smelt it from around the corner, vicky was pawing at the glass side, but smart Zara knew the only way to get the food was to go in the cage, at first the trap door did not come down, until she had stepped on the plate, and then even after it was down she just continued eating.

She only started to freak a little when she realised she was trapped, so hubby quickly covered the cage with a blanket and we have her in our laundry tonight, I am sad she has to spend a not so comfortable night in the cage, but it is the best we can do, she won't have any more eats, so will be good for surgery tomorrow, she is sitting at the end of the cage, as quiet as a mouse, I know she must be terrified, but at least she is calm, big day for her tomorrow, I am just so relieved we have her, I honestly did not like my chances and thought i would have to try next week as well, I was lucky to even get her in tomorrow as they are really booked up and busy, but said if i did not mind picking her up later like near closing at 7pm they could squeeze her in, which is lucky because i have to organise transport with my girlfriend as I don't drive and Friday was not possible for her either.

I still cannot quite believe just how easy it was, and I am so happy now that Zara will not have to keep having babies, I wish she did not have to go through it all as i know she will be so scared, but i know in the long run it is for the best for her.

Wish me luck for tomorrow folks. CHEERS. P.S only one more mama kitty to go now PHEW!!!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, congratulations on trapping Zara! I'll bet she was a tough one to round up! At least now she'll have the surgery and not produce any more litters. Good work!

Congratulations! Good job!

YOU ROCK!!!!! A night in your laundry beats a night at the useless neighbor's house!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Horray! I know how this makes you feel.

Moosmom said it ---A night in your laundry room beats a night in the neighbors---or just about anywhere.

I'm sure the surgery will be fine. She'll be so much better ff.

Bless you.

Congratulations!! The world needs more people like you!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Way to go , glad you got her.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Great Job, you have stuck with this all the way, and what a great reward..so many lives will be saved by your care of the whole situation..

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Great job, carole. Maybe Zara came to see you because she knew it was your BIRTHDAY!
    Miss Zara will be fine. She's a little scared now and might be skiddish after surgery, but you are helping her live a much longer and healthier life. Litter after litter would sap her energy. I'm so glad that your entire family is getting involved in helping this little colony of Kiwi cats.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

When i saw this thread, i thought 'OK?' cuz my name is Zara!!!!! I was pretty sure that no-one had captured me today!!! LOL LOL LOL!

Good job!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Zara in England, yes she has your name and she is a very pretty girl too, hope to take a pic when she is less stressed.

To be honest she was a piece of cake to get, and here is me ole worry wart worried sick about it all, she was an absolute angel, just sat in the corner all night, glaring at me with her big beautiful eyes, she has really stunning eyes, of course she was very scared, but she does know me a little now and my voice because i have been feeding her and talking to her whenever she visits, even playing with her on the fence, not a peak out of her on the way to the vets, I hope she will still trust me after all this.

Please pray all will go well with her surgery, she will be all de-wormed and no more fleas at least for a month anyhow.

Getting Zara was the best present anyone could wish for on their birthday, it was meant to be, and I am just ever so relieved, the next kitty won't be much of a problem as the owner and even me can pick her up, just got to find her kittens is all.

The end result is well worth all the worry and stress i put myself under, those kitties will now all have better lives period, just wish they had a better home, but at least they are not complete strays,just have to be thankful for what we have achieved, my helpers, Melissa, Jane(transport friend) Hubby, Norma cat shelter lady and our own wonderful Lisa.

I feel so happy today.....
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Three cheers for Carole, hip, hip, hooray!

Three cheers for Zara, hip, hip, hooray!

She is such a sweet kitty, I so wish she could have a loving home like she deserves but because she is feral or at least semi-feral there is no such chance, and she is so bonded to her mother and grandmother, the owner of them just say's she is a stray, but i know better, she is their kitten, I think she is victoria's because she is always hanging out with her and cuddled up to her,lil Victoria cryed for her too when she was trapped and she cryed back,vicky stayed on the fence until i fed her and then left.

Zara is so pretty, she has a white body with lovely black splotches on her and amazing eyes, and a big black dash on her nose, will post a pic as soon as I am able, I sure am becoming attached to this young lady. Ok I admit I love her.
    Furangels only lent.

Oh, good work, Carole!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Just thought you would all be interested to know how young Zara is, she is doing ok, she is rather scared so she does not seem as good as Victoria was, however she did eat her food i left her, but must have been when I went to sleep, she has not eaten this morning, and just stays huddled in the corner, I did however manage to stroke her back, she just stared at me, she has the most beautiful almond shaped eyes, looks like eyeliner around them, her eyes were pretty glazed over last night, but look normal today.

For a feral cat she is an angel, she does not even flinch when i put her food in, or at noises, however i have kept those to a limit, we have a very small laundry where i have put the cage, but shifted it into the hallway to put on the washing machine as that would scare her, so house in a topsy turvy at the moment, but who cares, as long as Zara is ok.

I would love to release her as i know she is not happy being caged, she has been caged overnite and all day at the vets and today of course, but the weather is atrocious here, one minute sun, next thunder and hail, i also can keep an eye on her food intake etc, the cage is not that big, but does have room for a small dirt box food and a small space for her to lie in, but i do wish i had something a tad larger.

She does look sad poor wee thing, and scared but she is handling it all extremely well and I am ever so proud of her, I talk softly to her and tell her what a good girl she is and call her name, so she can get used to me even more.

Duchess and vicky came over last night for a feed, poor Duchess was absolutely starving, she woofed it down like no tomorrow, she is feeding babies and not getting the nutrition she needs, she always seems to not be around when the owner feeds her which is not every day , that i am sure of, she housesits two days a week,and told me she makes good money, i was thinking to myself , yes well then you could have afforded to get these cats done, but i never said anything, she just would not do it and could not be bothered so I had to step in, some people will just never be good responsible pet owners, the two girls are way too thin for owned pets, they look pretty healthy otherwise suprisingly,but you can see their hip bones sticking through, i can pat Duchess no problem, she is my next one to be spayed when I find her other kittens, hopefully she will bring them out soon, she is a sweetie pie, and vicky and I had cuddles and smooches for about ten mins, it still amazes me that she still will hiss and spit at me,even though she knows me well now and cuddles etc, whereas Zara has never done that, and never makes a sound, not one miaow out of her yet.

Well that is the uppydate on the kitties for today.
    Furangels only lent.