Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whos dogs are from petstores?

whos dogs are from petstores?

just wondering thiunder is but that was WAY before i #1 could know about puppy mills and #2 i didnt have say...i would NEVER buy a dog from a pet store .
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

not me...I got zero from a breeder...my next dog will probably be adopted or rescued.

My aunt got her IG from a Pet Store and Alex, my mini poodle, came directly from a puppy mill. Needless to say Alex has many issues.

edit: My aunt now fosters for an IG rescue and Alex was given to us because the puppy mill was closing down, we got him with 6 other poodles and found them all homes with the help of the humane society...
    Last edited by animal_rescue; 12-13-2005 at 07:39 PM.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

4. Kirby didnt come from one either.. as the lady we got him off of knew what his parents looked like.

and bridge girl Muffin was also a resuce.

but my first Poodle. Tasha.. came from a pet store.
    but i was only 5 or something at the time..

Charlie came from a breeder, and Jamie I'd adopted from an old co-worker of mine. But I believe Jamie's original owner purchased her from a breeder, since I have papers, but I didn't buy her.

facebook

Nope... all of mine have come from very good breeders, or straight from the street as strays/abandoned animals. Right now, it is split exactly 50-50.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.

Josie was. I now HATE that store and would love to see it burn to the ground if it didn't have poor animals in it I don't regret buying Josie...but the place is a puppy mill. I didn't know it at the time though

I adopted Zeke from the HS. I don't think I will ever buy another dog/cat from a pet store unless I feel really badly for it. I wish they would stop selling them in stores. It's not right.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

All but one of the dogs I have had in my life are/were rescues. The first dog I had (I got him when I was 2) was from a friend whose "spayed" bitch had a litter. (It's rare, but it happens, though less often now than 20 years ago)

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyBogart
    All but one of the dogs I have had in my life are/were rescues. The first dog I had (I got him when I was 2) was from a friend whose "spayed" bitch had a litter. (It's rare, but it happens, though less often now than 20 years ago)
    I thought that was impossible, because when they perform a spay they remove the ENTIRE uteris??

facebook

Mandy is from the shelter and Luka is from the humane society. Nova is from a BYB because I didn't know better at the time. The next dog I'm getting is a Great Dane and I already have a breeder picked out. I would get a rescue, but puppies are much easier for Mandy to adjust to. Of course, this is probably over a year away (maybe even two years) and if Mandy has settled down by then I will *definetly* adopt. I'd always rescue before buying from a breeder so long as the situation permits.

Fenway is a rescue from PA. He was found in a box on the side of a road with his brothers when they were puppies. He & his brothers were brought to a rescue organization in NH and I was lucky enough to be picked as his "Mum".

Most of you around here know that Roxey is from a pet store, Bon is from a breeder and Huney was dumped in the country and we brought her home.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Our Theodore (Chihuahua) is a pet shop dog, never again though .

Little boy getting a feel for Agility, he is a smart little dog .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

None of my dogs were bought from a pet store.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

we've never gotten doggies from pet stores, we DID get lots of smaller animals from pet stores up till 3-4 years ago. I got 2 bunnys from 2 different stores. very unfriendly, very unhealthy and kinda destructive. MUCH different from my bunny Butters now, whos from a good breeder.