Thread: That oh so terrible sound of a cat barfing x 4

That oh so terrible sound of a cat barfing x 4

Well, night after night, while I am sleeping, I hear the sound of at least one cat barfing somewhere in the house. It is like a game to find the "present" once the sun comes up. Since I have four cats, it is four times the amount of noise and mess. I wonder how the folks with more than four cats tolerate it! I fear having to use the facility some sleepy night, and having to step in one of those land mines. I usually find a dried up pile of half eaten cat food, sitting on a window sill or book shelf. Do you folks with multiple cat homes do a routine hairball thing? I never see hair in my land mines, just cat food!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Sorry for such an icky subject so early in the day!

Brodie throws up almost every day. And sometimes more than once. And he's not a graceful vomit'er! I don't know what I would do if both of mine vomited on a regular basis.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Oh, the dreaded 'Erp Alert'. It's a horrible sound, especially when you're half asleep. Since it doesn't seem to be hairball related, do you think a change in diet would help?
    Gin

I know the sound too well.

But, it's always a conflict...should I get up and clean the mess or should I wait and take my chances? I'm usually nice and cozy in my bed, so I wait til morning to find my prize.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I also know the sound well. In the years before her passing; Katz threw up almost every day. For some reason she prefered my bed, or - which was even worse - objects like the telephone or the answering machine.

Also, she liked vomiting down from high places, like the stereo or the fridge.

Luckily, Luna and Lily do not throw up that much.

Kirsten

That oh so terrible sound

Groucho is an only cat and fortunately he doesn't vomit very often. I did call our vet about it once because I didn't notice anything hairball related. It was a milky colored fluid and food. Our vet said it WAS hairball and recommended putting vaseline on his upper lip. As he would try to clean it off, he'd swallow it. Once in his system the vaseline would keep things moving. Our vet also said hairball treatments are just flavored vaseline. It works for us.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Scrappy 2 was ill,and thats rare as she had always had a bit of a cast iron stomach!
    I hope that theres not a Flu Bug going around!!
    The Meezers still bolt thier food and lose it,all the time!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Despite having 13 Christmas under his paw, Ralph has not learned that if he eats the fake tree, he will throw it up several minutes later. And does he make noise....glug...glug...glug then he pukes!!!! YUCK!!! Sandra
    Nine is Fine!!

Finnigan is also an only cat and he only does it once every couple of weeks. When I had lots of cats it was an everyday chore to clean up the little piles.

Felix never throws up.He prob done it twice in his life.Thats why he has to take meds twice a week to make his bowls loose so he can pass his furballs that way

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Oh yes ... I have several who insist on swallowing their dry food whole ... and immediately throw it back up! I really only have one who barfs up hairballs regularly and that is my long-haired Coon mix Dexter. I have learned to just let them stay a while and dry out good ... it makes for easier cleaning!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Sunny is my barf boy because he'll sometimes eat too fast or try to run and play right after eating so this will make him throw up. Sky and Storm will usually just throw up hairballs. I give all of my furkids hairball medicine at least 1 time a week.

Are all of your four barfers? Here its mainly Tigris who devores his food too greedily and then it happens. Or Filou if he has eaten grass. That clear liquid of his with some grass is something you hardly see. I know exactly how it feels at my feet

There was once a time that I would hear the sond and dutifully get p, find and clean up the mess.......no LONGER!! I just leave it go. I will get it later.

Luckily, mine are usually just logs of hair. Sometimes liquid surrounds the log (this is the hard part to plean up.) I think my NEXT carpet will be that yellow/brown, liquid color.