Thread: Dog General Puzzle List

Dog General Puzzle List

Here is a list of Puzzle 1 - 112 in Dog General

1 More puppies are purchased at Christmas than at any other time of year. In most areas of the country, however, the winter months are the least convenient to add a puppy to the family because the weather overhead as well as underfoot makes the chore of housebreaking difficult.

2 Why should you foster a dog? Fostering makes a huge difference in the life of the animal you bring in. By making temporary space in your home (until the animal goes to its new home), you have saved the life of an animal that may have been euthanized.

2A I have a dog as thin as a rail, he has fleas all over his tail; everytime his tail goes flop, the fleas on the bottom all hop to the top.

3 The great pleasure of a dog is that you can make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too. It is a quote from the English author Samuel Butler (1835-1902).

4 The dog has been man's best friend at work and at play for thousands of years. No animal lover can fail to admire this endearing creature, combining as it does strength, personality, intelligence and a willing nature.

5 One of the best gifts you can give your dogs and cats is to spay or neuter them at an early age. This will help to prevent uterine, ovarian, mammary and testicular cancers.

6 But the poor dog, in life the firmest friend, the first to welcome, foremost to defend. Whose honest heart is still his master's own, who labours, fights, lives breathes for him alone.

7 When a shelter dog Is rescued from it's fate, when an abused dog Learns to trust again, when feral pups are taken to a safe place then we know sometimes man is dog's best friend.

8 The dog is faithful and loyal not because he feels an obligation but because he feels love.

9 In creating little furry people out of our canine companions we lose the ability to understand them as they really are.

10 The gingham dog and the calico cat side by side on the table sat twas half past twelve, and what do you think? Not one nor the other had slept a wink. The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate appeared to know as sure as fate there was going to be a terrible spat.

11 The poor dog, in life the firmest friend, the first to welcome, foremost to defend, Whose honest heart is still the master's own, who labors, fights, lives, breathes for him alone, unhonored falls, unnoticed all his worth, denied in heaven the soul he held on earth, while man, vain insect hopes to be forgiven, and claims himself a sole exclusive heaven.

12 I'll never be a show dog or earn an AFC although I am a Golden with a modest pedigree. My head is not quite right, they say, and I'm a little tall. Instead of fetching birds up, I just bring my tennis ball. But I'd rather have my sofa or my mom and daddy's bed than any fancy kennel and ribbons blue or red. I'm just a family pet, it's true, but that's enough you see... because the love my humans give is prize enough for me.

13 There are no more appealing and lovable pups in the world than the rotund, bear cublike balls of fluffy yellow hair that are golden retriever pups. Call it eye appeal, sex appeal, mother instinct appeal or what have you, but the golden has it.

14 Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." by Groucho Marx

15 No matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich. By Louis Sabin "All About Dogs as Pets"

16 I think that I shall never see a person as nice as a dog can be a friend who will never criticize but loves me with those liquid eyes a person may scold or fickle be but a dog's love is always there for me!

17 Of all the things I miss from veterinary practice, puppy breath is one of the most fond memories.

18 Have your dog checked by your veterinarian yearly for worms and diseases. Roundworm infections can be transferred between pets and even to people.

19 Despite their need to establish a pecking order, dogs are social by nature and generally get along well together.

20 Ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you, but when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window - Unknown

21 The first impression of the German Shepherd Dog is that of a strong, agile, well muscled animal, alert and full of life. The ideal dog is stamped with a look of quality and nobility, difficult to define, but unmistakable when present.

22 Listen, pups, the time is near Christmas Day will soon be here! Best be on your good behavior like the stable animals who welcomed the Savior.

23 A puppy whose hair was so flowing there really was no means of knowing which end was his head once stopped me and said, "Please, sir, am I coming or going?"

24 I love my dogs. This is their home from which I hope they'll never roam they're faithful friends I love them best even though they can be a pest.

25 Too many people choose a dog on the basis of its appearance alone without giving adequate consideration to the breed's ancestry, which is a factor that affects both its character and behavior.

26 The roles of dogs have been refined over the centuries and the most important function of the majority of dogs nowadays is that of household companion, a role that is not to be underestimated.

27 The Golden Retriever is joy and loyalty wrapped in sunshine. A top dog for families, it lives and breathes to love his family.

28 The joy of having a dog is getting your best friend and furry child in one package.

29 The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of the earth will ever be.

30 A dog's apparent ability to anticipate its owner's actions could relate directly to the strength of their bond.

31 Okay, you've decided to get a dog. How do you decide what kind? Some factors to consider are your size and space limitations, the activity level of you and the pet, how much fur you can live with, and the trainability and dominance characteristics of the pet. Do lots of research. Look in books and on the web!

32 The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog! by "Ambrose Bierce"

33 A dog is not almost human and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. The dog can do many things which man cannot do, never would do, and never will. -John Holmes

34 A dog will always go straight to the person in the room who doesn't like dogs!

35 *** NOT COMPLETED ***

36 Dogs are incredible. You can always depend on them and their love is unconditional. By: Claudia Schiffer

37 Victorian society rejected the notion that pets were capable of feeling or expressing emotions.

38 Why is a pup a human's good and faithful pal? I don't know but I do know it is a love that will not fail.

39 *** NOT COMPLETED ***

40 It's no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

41 Spring is here and with it comes muddy pawprints in petloving homes though the pooches we love without a doubt mud tracking canines we could do without!

42 I once decided not to date a girl because she wasn't excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother.

43 Once your dog has given you his love and trust, it is almost impossible, insofar as your dog is concerned, to break that relationship.

44 Dogs never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.

45 Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one. - Anonymous

46 The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. by Samuel Butler

47 The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

48 Prowling his own quiet backyard or asleep by the fire, he is still only a whisker away from the wilds. by Jean Burden

49 A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

50 He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

51 In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.

52 The first formal dog show was held in Great Britain at Newcastle-on-Tyne in eighteen fifty nine. Sixty breeds of dog were divided into two categories: Pointers and Setters

53 Nobody can fully understand the meaning of love until he's owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.

54 If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.

55 The dog can do many things which man cannot do, never could do, and never will do. John Holmes

56 If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around. ~cowboy wisdom

57 I think that I shall never see a beast as loyal as a dog can be a dog will never criticize just loves you with those liquid eyes a dog will nuzzle you if you're lonely or sick will fetch forever, if you'll just throw the stick and a dog "welcome home" at the end of a day can make all of your worries just melt away.

58 Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. they serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. by Roger Caras

59 Archaeological evidence has now revealed that marked distinctions in the size of domestic dogs had already become apparent over nine thousand years ago, even in dogs living in the same region

60 Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend, and inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. by Groucho Marx.

61 He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

62 The great pleasure of a dog is that you can make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. by Samuel Butler

63 Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear. by Dave Barry

64 There is an Indian legend which says when a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime. The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge and which are turned away. by Unknown

65 Man himself cannot express love and humility be external signs so plainly as does a dog, when with dropping ears, hanging lips, flexuous body, and wagging tail, he meets his beloved master.

66 Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. by Lewis Grizzard

67 Did you ever notice when you blow in a dogs face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window? ~ Steve Blustone

68 Dogs bark for a variety of reasons: They're having fun, they want attention, they're warning you of danger, or they're frightened.

69 What do you call a dog in summer? A hot dog!

70 A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.-- Josh Billings

71 Dogs are like potato chips ~ you can never have just one!

72 Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear. by Dave Barry

73 We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals. ~ Immanuel Kant

74 We derive immeasurable good, uncounted pleasures, enormous security, and many critical lessons about life by owning dogs. - Roger Caras

75 Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. ~ Snoopy

76 A dog is your best friend, he'll always be there for you.

77 The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." ~ Andrew A. Rooney

78 My dog is half pit bull, half poodle. Not much of a watchdog, but a vicious gossip!" - Craig Shoemaker

79 A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before laying down. ~ Robert Benchley

80 He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea. He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags. Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace. He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me? whenever? wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will, as I always have. He is just my dog. ~ Gene Hill

81 "I went out to the hazel wood,
    Because a fire was in my head,
    And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
    And patted my faithful doggie's head;

And when white moths were on the wing,
    And moth(-)like stars were flickering out,
    I flung the stick into a stream
    For good old Laddie to fetch out.

When he had laid it on the ground,
    I went to throw it back again,
    But he spotted something in the brush
    And stared as if it had called his name.

It was a forgotten old tennis ball,
    Grey with age, and languishing there;
    I threw it hard, and Laddie, happy, ran
    Chasing his old love through the morning air.

With apologies to W. J. Keats"

82 The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. . . .He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. . . .When all other friends desert, he remains. - George G Vest

83 Dogs have a varied and rich repertoire of communication signals. Recognizing these signals will help us communicate more effectively with them and understand their intentions, needs, and emotions.

84 The skeletons of most canids, from the Gray Wolf to the smallest lapdog, are strikingly similar in shape, but natural evolution and man's selective breeding have resulted in some distinctive differences, primarily in the length of the limbs and the skull shape.

85 Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative. ~ Mordecai Siegal

86 He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. ~ unknown

87 Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear." ~ Dave Barry

88 Dogs are getting bigger, according to a leading dog manufacturer. ~ Leo Rosten

89 Do not weep for me when I am gone, for I have friends in the great beyond. All the little ones I used to feed. will come to me in my time of need. They will purr and bark in great delight, And I will hold and hug them tight. Oh what a great day that will be, when my furry friends all welcome me. by Richard Severo

90 Dog training is not just about control, it's about relationships. If you have a good relationship with your dog it will do its best to please you.

91 "In sweet fields of autumn
    The gold leaves are falling
    The dogs bark and chase them
    Though their masters are calling

The cats sit on windowsills
    And take in the warm sunshine
    All the horses grow their heavy coats
    To prepare for cold wintertime

All the dogs, cats, birds and bunnies
    That we all love and treasure
    Are so glad for their warm homes, now,
    When north wind brings cold weather"

92 "My treasures do not clink
    together or glitter-
    They gleam in the sun and
    neigh in the night.
    ~ Arab Proverb"

93 The training process involves not only schooling our dogs, but constantly learning new methods of teaching ourselves to be better trainers.

94 "Walking thru the row of cages,
    puppy eyes and sad dog faces,
    I saw staring at me,
    my life saver,
    My Guardian Angel.

It was fairly obvious that she needed me,
    How much I needed her,
    I couldn't see,
    that hot June day,
    I pointed and said, ""Kia is the one.""

We took her home,
    the months flew by,
    doggy kisses and walks outside.
    If only I could see,
    it truely was,
    a ""match made in Heaven.""

But I was sick,
    the cause unknown.
    In pain I laid,
    until one day,
    the angel approached,
    ears laid back,
    and pointed with her nose.

And as the anesthetic slowly took over,
    my face did brighten in realization.
    For Kia knew,
    that hot June day,
    that only she could save me."

95 "Our animals shepherd us through certain
    eras of our lives. when we are ready to
    turn the corner and make it on our own ?
    they let us go. ~ Anonymous"

96 "To see a world in a Grain of Sand
    And Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.
    by William Blake"

97 "Money will buy you a pretty good dog,
    but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
    ~ Henry Wheeler Shaw"

98 One reason a dog is such a comfort when you are downcast is that he doesn't ask to know why. ~ Anonymous

99 You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, 'My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!' ~ Dave Barry

100 True mercy is nobility's true badge. He who does not restrict harmless conduct to man, but extends it to other animals, most closely approaches divinity. ~ Porphry

101 You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, 'My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!' ~ Dave Barry

102 A dog is like an eternal Peter Pan, a child who never grows old and who therefore is always available to love and be loved. - Aaron Katcher

103 Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring ~ it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera

104 If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life. ~ Roger Caras, "A Celebration of Dogs"

106 Reverence: the spiritual attitude of a man to a god and a dog to a man. ~ Ambrose Bierce

105 If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man. Mark Twain

107 No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

108 There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~ Bern Williams

109 To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring; it was peace. ~ Milan Kundera.

110 ... One morning last week, I took my female Schnauzer, Carly, out for a walk. She was thrilled. What should have been a ten minute walk was over in two minutes. Full speed ahead! When I got back home I told my husband that walking a girl dog was different than walking a boy dog. She didn't have to stop and tinkle at every bush. ? Our fall days are just perfect right now. It's real walking-the-dog weather. ~ Pamela Jenkins

111 I had a linguistics professor who
    said that it's man's ability to use language that makes him the dominant species on the planet. That may be. But I think there's one other thing that separates us from animals, we aren't afraid of vacuum cleaners. ~ Jeff Stilson

112 Most destructive chewing occurs just before the owner returns home. The dog is anxiously anticipating the owner's return and this energy is released by chewing. You can prevent your dog from indiscriminately chewing whatever is handy and instead chew her own toys. Whenever you return home, insist that your dog greet you with a toy in her mouth. At first you will have to help her by telling her to "find" her toy. Do not give your usual home coming greeting until she has a toy firmly in her mouth. Within a few days, your dog will realize that you never say hello unless she has a toy in her mouth. Now when your dog starts anticipating your return, she will automatically begin looking for a toy with which to gain your greeting and approval when you do return. If a toy is already in her mouth, she will be likely to chew on it, rather than on the furniture, to release tension. ~~ Gwen Bohnenkamp, "Manners for the Modern Dog"
    Last edited by Fuzzy317; 04-04-2002 at 03:38 PM.

dogs need to sniff the ground; it's how they keep abreast of current events.
    the ground is a giant dog newspaper,containing all kinds of late breaking news
    items,
    which,if they are especially urgent,are often continued into the next yard
    dave barry

this is puzzle 126
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids