Thread: oreo's pregnant- update

oreo's pregnant- update

Well if you haven't seen the thread yet here it is.... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=94301

Since my dad hasn't set a vet appoinment yet, I decided to guess what day the kittens will be born. I did some research, and I think she is at her 6th week of pregnancy, so around what day would the kittens be born? hmm... can't think right now. lol

I've got a couple questions. Can the kittens use clumping cat litter when they start to be litter box trained?? If you read the last thread is it ok for them to eat adult cat food when they get weaned? How do you wean them, do you take them away from the mother, or does the mother just refuse to feed them anymore? sorry for all the questions.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Cluimping litter for small kittens is a huge NO! They are very messy --- VERY messy and VERY smelly! anyway, they are messy with food and water, etc all over them. the clumping litter gets in their fur and then they groom themselves and inest it, then it clogs up their insides.

ok i will tell my dad. oreo uses clumping litter right now, but we will switch when the kittens come along. we are like making a list of what all to get... can any of you tell me what i need?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

make sure you have plenty of old blankets and towels. He will be doing lots of laundry every day. Like I said, they are messy.

About three weeks which will make them Christmas Kittens!
    We are praying that they are all safe!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

ooooo excited!! my dad has lots of rag towels.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Clumping litter for kittens is a big no-no. The best thing to use is either Swheatscoop which is all natural and clumps, or plain clay litter. The reason clumping litter isn't good is because if they ingest it, it will clump in their bellies and cause a major blockage.

Pregnancy in cats is 62-65 days, that's a little over 2 months. Get a box and line it with old towels and blankets. Put Oreo in a spare room with her litterbox and food with the door closed. She needs peace and quiet. When it's time, you'll notice her getting restless, messing up the bed you've made for her. She will also start to pant, and not have much of an appetite. The birth should take no more than 10 hours TOTAL!!

If you have any other questions, there are alot of great people on this site than can give you pointers. Please, try and convince your Dad to spay her once the kittens are weaned (about 8 weeks).

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you. After this experience, I am sure he will want to get her spayed. He never wanted kittens in the first place, so I really don't understand it. Anyways, thanks for the replies. Any other suggestions would be great.

Should I leave her in the spare room all the time? Or only when my dad is at work... or what? We do have a spare bedroom. And about how much food should I be feeding her at this point?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

If they are properly weaned and considering the mom does take good care of the kittens, then adult food shouldn't be a problem. BUT just as a precaution you could always just soak the food for five minutes or so in some warm water just to make it easier for them to eat

facebook

should oreo eat with the kittens, or should she have her own bowl? I'm sorry for all the questions i have.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Never apologize for asking questions -- its how you learn, and it shows that you care about your animals!!

Oreo can eat with her kittens, actually she probably should. The kittens will learn from example, and eating with her kittens is part of the weaning process.

facebook

She'll probably be happy having a room to herself. It'll make her feel secure. If you have a radio, that'll keep her company with classical music. Adult food is fine. When Mattie Grace was at my house (she was a pregnant stray I took in) I fed her dry kitten food and canned kitten food, as she needed all the nutrition she could get. She gave birth to 4 healthy kittens who, along with their mama, all got great homes!!

When your kitty starts giving birth, just observe. Let nature take it's course.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!