Thread: Look what we're building!!

Look what we're building!!

OMG we're so excited!! We never thought we would be able to start so soon. Turns out were also the youngest people to build/own this kit. Also turns out there is only 1 completely built kit so far. So its kinda cool

The image on the site is what the completed kit will look like when finished (ours will be all white or all blue, not 100% sure yet)

Our Kit

Edit: This is real, not a toy.
    Last edited by king2005; 12-03-2005 at 07:11 AM.

Very cool

Thanks We're building the Rudder in jan & its only gonna take 2 days to build it Its gonna be so much fun. I get to use fun air tools

My friend and his dad are really into doing stuff like this! Their entire basement is filled with them

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    My friend and his dad are really into doing stuff like this! Their entire basement is filled with them
    Filled with air tools or planes??

Just so people know this is a "Real" plane, not a toy. In the end, just the plane will cost about $130,000.00 & its value will be over $200,000.00

My first thought was, "are they safe?"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    My first thought was, "are they safe?"
    me too.
    Thats really neat though!

Yes they are. We have to record step by step & we also have to get an inspector to look at it every now & then. We also have the 2 plane guys that are willing to come over here & check it out to make sure all is well.

The kit is mostly finished. all the holes are drilled & lined up. So all we're really doing is riveting (sp) the large pieces together, wiring & putting the engin in (thats being done at the hanger & the guys there are also willing to give us a hand).

By law it has to be recorded & checked by an inspector, otherwise it cannot be flown.

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    Filled with air tools or planes??

Just so people know this is a "Real" plane, not a toy. In the end, just the plane will cost about $130,000.00 & its value will be over $200,000.00
    LOL well the site you posted didn't really give any insight as to whether they were "real" planes, gliders, or what. So I didn't know.

And wow.. if I had 130K... I'd totally like.. buy a house and new car. LOL

facebook

We want a plan cause we like to travel. We have no need for an old tiny 300,000.00 house (the houses out here cost WAY too much). But we are buying a new car in the summer, unless this hunk of junk dies before that, or lasts longer.

We live in a decent sized townhouse & its super cheap here. When we finish the plane, we plan to travel all of Canada meeting friends & family (prob, not up north) & then tour the usa meeting friends & get some sun.

We are also planing to fly to Austrailia by going around the world (this will happen in like 10yrs. cause we will have to save up 50,000.00-100,000.00 to do this).

But now we can go to PEI whenever we want & for cheap! YAY, I have friends & family out there