Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She's HOME!

She's HOME!

FLutter Butter is home and doing just fine!

She cried her head off in the carrier the whole ride home, and was basically doing back flips to get me to pet her through the tiny holes of the carrier's door. Since it was heavy traffic and lots of red lights, I opened the door to pet her. When she started to think she could climb out, I shut her back in

Well, the good news is she looks great! Its not as devastating looking as I thought, and the vet left all the muscle there to act as a counter weight so that she wouldn't experience such a startling difference. Her sister Elfie's vet did not do that, and Flutter "almost" looks like she has a little something coming from the hip.

Bad news (at least to me) is that she's very floppy and uncoordinated. She walks like she's drunk. She stumbles and flops to the side a lot and when she wants to get up and roll over, its very heartbreaking to see. but the vet DID say she'd do ths and it would take her a little while to adjust.

I have to say, I LOVE my Harry boy!!! He sniffed her and imediately started to groom his little buddy.
    Meanwhile, Allen swatted at her and Poiuncer just was curiously sniffing her (Pouncer won't admit it but I know he loves Flutter )

No other photos for the time being. I'm going to go and spend the rest of the day in bed with her (well, she'll be naping and I'll be drawing - a most comfy spot for me! )

I cannot tell you how happy and relieved I am to have her home and see her doing so well. Thanks to everyone who prayed for her. I know those prayers made the difference!

PS: There is no bandage on the leg itself, but the blue wrapping is around her tummy to protect the pain patch. I leave it on til the 6th, and the vet said I had to return the patch to them for proper disposal since its a controlled substance! How much medicine must be in that patch?!?

Oh I'm so glad you have got her home! How sweet is that Harry boy of yours, and to think that only yesterday you were trying to give him away!

Yay its all over! Your vet sounds wonderful - what a difference it makes to ahve a great vet Harry is such a good boy. Huggles to Flutter for a speedy and smooth recovery.

Yeah, well, Harry's redeemed himself momentarily!

Right now he is standing on top of the carrier, trying to get inside and see what was in there. and in the process, he has shredded several pieces of tissue paper and knocked rolls of wrapping paper and tape off my table the carrier is sitting on. What he doesn't know is that 4 hours from now, HE will be sitting inside that carrier on the way to the vet's for his yearly checkup.... and dare I say it? A couple shots! Bwahahahahaha

Awww, welcome back home, Flutter Butter! Feel better soon, and tell Momma some of us are just naturally a little clumsier than others, nd that you'll adjust fine in a short time.

Yippie!!! Glad to hear that Flutter is back home!! Don't worry about her walking, she needs time to adjust to the new situation
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Yaeay for Flutter boo for Harry Mean Mommy
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Glad Flutter is doing so well after surgery. Poor Harry, he will forgive you later tonight.
    The control substance patch, any more vets, doctors and dentist have procedures to follow when it comes to those types of pain medications. There are idiot kids and adults out there that would go through trash cans just to find that stuff. As for vets offices they probably have to account for all patches they use thats why they want the old one brought back to them.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I am so relieved for you and Flutter to hear everything went so well and she is doing so good, poor wee girl, she has been through a lot, and now she just needs plenty of rest and love from meowmie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Awwww! So happy Flutter's back, and feeling OK. It will take her a while to adjust, but I'd be willing to bet she'll be tearing around the place in no time flat! Harry makes a very handsome nurse BTW!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Whew!!!!! So glad she is home and doing ok, Kim.

Yippieeee!!! I'm so glad she's home and doing as well as can be expected. Isn't Harry just a little love for giving her such a warm welcome home? Aaaawwwww....
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

She's happily purring her head off upstairs in bed with Nicki. She hasn't really moved since we've been home. Poor widdle thing is probably too sore to move right now. I can tell she's absolutely thrilled to be home. It makes heart swell knowing that she's completely happy here. It also thrills me to see that Harry missed her and welcomed her home. I've known all along that Harry was attached to the little princess.

That Photo of Harry comforting Flutter,is simply one of the nicest Photographs that has been on Pet Talk,this year.
    Bar None,it shows Harrys tender side.
    Prayers are coming for Flutter,and Pouncer and Mr Scrappy Angel will on hand to lend a paw!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I know no one feels the relief that you do but GOD! Am I relieved! I am so thrilled that she is home and doing as good as she is!

Of coarse she is wobbly and falling over! That pain patch probably has her completely zonked out of her head. Once her head is clear, I bet it don't take her no time to figure out how to manage and get around better than she did before. She is going to really enjoy the day in bed with Meowmie and Meowmie needs it as much as she does.

It is wonderful that her brother Harry welcomed her home like he did and it had to have been a wonderful homecoming for her and them. Now they will watch over her until she heals and gets back to normal.

One big PHEW!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!