Thread: 6yo child attacked and killed by 3 pitbulls

6yo child attacked and killed by 3 pitbulls

Yesterday, in Oberglatt, a small town near Zurich, a 6 years old boy was attacked and killed by 3 pitbulls, while on the way to kindergarten. The child was alone on the way, which goes throw the woods and fields and all happened before the eyes of other people. Here is normal a child in kindergarten age to walk alone to school.

I have an idea where it happened, I lived in Oberglatt for two years, a decade ago.

It is said that the three dogs scaped from the apartment where the owner (who owns 6 pitbulls), was living as a gast. The other three dogs did not scaped. The three dogs were PTS while the owner and his girlfriend were arrested.

While all over the world theres is a controversy about pitbulls here in Switzerland they are trendy and cool. Here, is modish to have a pit.

the newspaper www.nzz.ch has an on-line edition in English.

Sad. Sad. Sad. I am sad for the child, of course. But I am sad also for the dogs.

I will follow what comes in the press and post in this thread.

Wish you all a nice weekend.

Rosana
    and
    Rex
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You mean a 6 Year old was walking to school on his own? That parent seriously needs their headchecked... My mum doesn't even like my sister taking the bus ride home to my house and shes 13 years old.

I feel for the kid but surely something could of been done if the child hadn't of been on his own?

I wouldnt even walk though woods on my own and I'm nearly 18! Seriously you hear about too many killings and attacks and someone sends their small child out like that?

Muddy4paws, i agree with you 100%! No 6 year old should be walking to school unattended. But this guy should not be having 6 pitt pulls, and if he is going to then he needs to be a hell of a lot more responsible then to not know 3 of them got away!

That's just awful and sad. That poor little boy.

The poor little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy4paws
    You mean a 6 Year old was walking to school on his own? :
    It is the norm here, specially in small communities. My first tought when I heard the news also was: "Where were the parents?" But the press enphathises (sp) only the attack.

The remaining three dogs are under custody of the police. The owner, his girlfriend and the apartment owner are still under arrest.

Rosana
    and Rex

Poor boy unfortunately this will be another blotch on the record for pit bulls

Zimbabwe 07/13

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canis Amicus
    It is the norm here, specially in small communities.

Yeah, when I lived in Germany, all of the kids walked to school and stuff by themselves. And, I'm talking little kids, too. I always thought it was awesome that they could still do that. Here, you wouldn't even consider it. But, it was just different where I lived in Germany. People looked out for eachother, kids were not afraid of every little thing. Accidents do happen of course, but, it was just different there. But, that was ten years ago, too. It may not be the same even where I used to live.

That is so sad, though, that the boy was killed.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

RIP little one.

This is so sad for the boy, for the dogs, and for responsible pit bull owners worldwide.

Thank you Wolf_Q!