Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AWWW Gemini's 1st pic

Quote Originally Posted by clarebear
    OK Hope I don't sound judgemental here but IF every cat was spayed then there would be all extinct
    Let's leave the breeding to the reputable breeders and for everyone else they should have theirs' spayed and neutered to avoid overpopulation and homeless pets. Shelters are too crowded enough as it is.

facebook

AH I see! ok

There is just no excuse necessary for your cat getting pregnant. She should of been spayed many months ago . And not to be blunt, but there are a few "parts" on a male cat that are very visable, gee..my cat was neutered at 4 months old and even though his "parts" are very shrunken, I can still tell that he is a male cat. Unneutered males are very pronounced since most walk proudly with tails straight up and the "parts" are very noticeable.
    Please listen to what the fine folks here are trying to tell you, because if you should ever go into a shelter and see all those precious little ones(and older ones too) peering out from "death row" (as sometimes I refer to it as) cages hoping to live a life in a wonderful home but somehow knowing it may never come, if you have a heart...it will be broken.. as some of them know that they will not ever get that chance. My two were both someone else's "mistakes" and both were "on death row" and I can see it in their eyes how thankful they are to me that I saved their life, but I (as a kind hearted animal lover) feel really sad that I can not save them all it just breaks my heart everytime I drive by my shelter knowing what is going on inside...

I apologize that this is so long...but I hope it will open your eyes and see what really has happened. If you love your cat Please get her spayed soon as ok'd by the vet ,and the kittens too.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Very true. Everyone, great advice. For the sake of your cat and her kittens, hope the pregnancy goes well. It's true, it's VERY hard to mistake an unnuetered male cat for a female. You can tell without looked at their underside, you know.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

ok guys the fact of the matter is that the cat is pregnant, and what's done is done. What we should focus on right now instead of possibly scaring her off is educating her in how to properly take care of the pregnant mother, ensure she gets proper nutrition and is taken care of throughout her pregnancy. THEN we can preach about spaying/neutering

facebook

How long have you known that she is expecting?
    If she seems to be swollen,and her nipples are heavy,I would find a quiet room to isolate her in,so she will have peace and quiet.I tried this,with Pouncette the Starry Cat,but she ran downstairs and had her Babies in My LP Storage Case.
    I heard meeews,and there they were with thier Momma Cat.
    I took them into the Spare bedroom,and closed them in.
    They are all adopted now,and doing fine.
    Good Luck with your Momma Cat,and her Babies!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Pregnancy help

There are several folks here that are extremely knowledgable and experienced when it comes to cats. With the possible exception of a good vet this is the BEST advice you'll ever find!!! Your mommy cat to be needs veterinary attention NOW! Find out from your vet about her nutrition needs while she's pregnant, how to keep her healthy and comfortable, and most important...what to look for, what to do, and when to call the vet for help. While there, arrange for a spay and neuter ASAP. If money is a problem, look into your options.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    A cat's pregnancy goes for 62-65 days. Keep your cat indoors and feed her canned and dry kitten food for nutrition. She needs all the vitamins and minerals she can get at this point.

Get her to a vet, please. He'll be able to explain it much better to you. Once the kittens are weaned, please...

HAVE HER SPAYED!!!!
    Thank you soooooooooo much for just telling me the info INSTEAD of telling me what a BAD owner i am

ps i'm not an adult

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    How long have you known that she is expecting?
    If she seems to be swollen,and her nipples are heavy,I would find a quiet room to isolate her in,so she will have peace and quiet.I tried this,with Pouncette the Starry Cat,but she ran downstairs and had her Babies in My LP Storage Case.
    I heard meeews,and there they were with thier Momma Cat.
    I took them into the Spare bedroom,and closed them in.
    They are all adopted now,and doing fine.
    Good Luck with your Momma Cat,and her Babies!

aww that is too cute my cat looks like your mommy cat except shes

has a grey mask what a purrrrrty cat

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    ok guys the fact of the matter is that the cat is pregnant, and what's done is done. What we should focus on right now instead of possibly scaring her off is educating her in how to properly take care of the pregnant mother, ensure she gets proper nutrition and is taken care of throughout her pregnancy. THEN we can preach about spaying/neutering

thank you for your support

i think its a blessing that gemini is pregnant everytime i say 'kittens' she starts purring

My Found Cats and I are putting Your Meeowmy Cat,and her Babies to be in Our Prayers,and that they are all safe and well.
    I hope that you have some old clean towels,and a nice quiet place picked out for her.
    If you have little money,see if the Pet Food Stores will give you samples of Premium Kitten Food,as she will need the protien.
    The Best of Luck,and please keep in touch.

Pouncette thanks you,I am sure from her New Home.

As do her Babies.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Quote Originally Posted by babychicaleek
    Thank you soooooooooo much for just telling me the info INSTEAD of telling me what a BAD owner i am

ps i'm not an adult
    There are many websites about pregnancies and cats, and what to expect. I do a LOT of rescuing, and sometimes have had to help abandoned mom cats birth babies if they come out breach (back legs first). And sometimes new mom cats won't chew off the placenta and umbilical cords, in which case you will need to know how to do that too. I rescued a litter of babies a while back (six babies & mom) from behind bushes in a dirt hole. I couldn't see the kittens the bush was so thick, but I reached in a pulled out a clump of babies. Took them all home and went to settle mom & her babies in, and found mom didn't chew off the umbilical cords on 5 of the 6! At that point the cords and placentas were dried out and impossible to separate the screaming babies so off to the vets. Two kittens legs had swollen up and turned black. Luckily with warm soaks and massage the kittens feet recovered and they didn't lose legs! Here's what the newborn babies foot looked like!

And after they were all separated, they were tucked in with mommy Marigold

All were spayed and neutered before they were adopted...very important to do as too many accidental litters are born and 3 out of 4 kittens never find a forever home.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

It is good that you are planning what to do for your cat and her babies. Everyone has given you good advice.... You will want to make sure that your momcat has a place to have her kittens away from the male that got her pregnant. Newborn kittens do not smell like cats to cats and some males (even those who are o.k. with older kittens) may try to hurt the babies (thinking they are strangely delivered food). This doesn't make the male bad... just confused, so make sure your girl has a safe space away from all other cats.

Sometimes young females that have not seen other kittens raised don't really know how to be moms, so monitor her to see that she is feeding and cleaning the babies.

I grew up in farm country where kittens were welcomed working members of the community. When the area changed, my cats became de-sexed house pets...mostly to keep them safe from idiot humans. Kittens are beautiful and watching them grow is a delight, but as everyone has already told you, finding good safe homes for kittens and cats is really hard.

Two of my cats, Captain and Artemis are products of a person who had so much fun with her accidental kittens, she let her cat have another litter and then could find no homes...(so I took two and my friend took one before she took them to be put to sleep. We also found a home for the female which a vet friend spayed at a discount.) Sometimes it is very hard to afford all the care my animals need so adding these two (although never regretted) was not easy.

By coming to this site it is clear you care about your cat. Enjoy her and her "blessings". Catmandu has given you good kitten box tips. Most cats have little trouble giving birth if they are well-fed and big enough. A vet trip will let you know if she is likely to be at risk or not.

Again, good wishes on this.

outta here

we got rid of 'the boy cat'

Quote Originally Posted by babychicaleek
    we got rid of 'the boy cat'
    Was he a stray? or a pet? Hope he has found a nice home