Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AWWW Gemini's 1st pic

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamb
    She also said that she gave the boy cat to her neighbors and THEY got RID of him because he was bad, not her. How was she to know what they would do, maybe they took him to a no kill shelter you weren't there and you all don't know the whole story. It is comments like these from judgemental people that has made me not come here as much, not everyone but there are a few that make it hard to comment being afraid of being "attacked". Yes those cats should have been fixed, in my opinion, but they weren't. I understand the whole over populated kitty problem and yes it is sad but it is life, and we can all do what we can to help the problem but it will never be fixed, period. Man some people...
    ...Man some people ?? What does that mean ?? Those who have been trying to offer advice on this thread have been doing just that, even if it should come across as judgmental. It's not always intended to sound judgmental, and sometimes that's the only way to get a point across and into someone's head that all of this is irresponsible behavior of the cat owner. You only have 29 posts so I see that you are relatively new to this site. Many of us on here are dedicated to rescue and fostering and "man some people" comments like yours just aren't going to last long here. I was sick to my stomach when I heard that this person "got rid of the boy cat" because as it was said, that male cat was just handed his death sentence.

You know if I asked a question and got ripped a new one I wouldn't listen nor would I take any advice(especially if I was young)...all I was saying was there are alot nicer ways to try to educate some one on what you all believe is right.(And my heart goes out to you all that take in rescues and take care of them until they can find a new home, that would be like giving a child away,I for one couldn't do it and I thank you all who do.) I may only have 29 posts but I used to come here everyday sometimes several times a day(stay at home mommy of 2month old and 8 yr old boys) and I myself am an animal lover and I know you all are too. I wasn't pinpointing anyone particular just they way most were reacting, just take peoples feelings into consideration when you are upset and want to "help" them. Do like I do when my 8 yr old is being an 8 yr old, count to 20 (sometimes more ) and then answer.

Lisamb I have been here almost three years now, and most people know me fairly well, I am usually the type of person who gives people the benefit of the doubt and trys to be positive, however in this case I found it impossible to do that, because for once I am actually dealing with a problem in my life created by a person's irresponsibility, and guess what i DONT like it very much, sometimes you have to experience these things for yourself to really understand the full situation and now I believe i am, I fully understand peoples emotions riding high on this one, there are some people you just cannot educate, you just have to take the situation on yourself and right it, as I am trying to do with what I am faced with here.

Being all sweet and nice as pie does not always achieve anything, sometimes people need to hear it for what it is, I hear what you are saying, but until you have walked in some one elses shoes you really have not got a clue, and I say that referring to myself.,because before I had never been placed in a position as i am now, and never realised just how hard it all is and how emtionally draining it can all be, so anyone who does do rescuing or fostering, IMO have every right to feel annoyed at this thread, and say so, there has also been plenty of education offered to this poster to, and just for the record i do stop and think before i post.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

i'm guessing..................

well i'm considered a bad mom from yall

...and how exactly do you all elect a child take care of spaying a cat? the truth of the matter is that being in charge of what funds go where, her parents should've taken care of it. yes, she could rake leaves and give an adoption fee for each kitten to cover mom's spay, but what does that do if no one will take her to the vet's ofice? nothing. at. all.

We are not all born with a knowledge of care for every creature on the planet and a cloud mansion next to a vet's office. While I am not saying that all decisions made in this case were good, the "flame&blame" aproach does nothing to help reverse the situation. As frustrating as it is to most here, it's over. Done with. We can't un-impregnate the cat, and we can't pre-neuter the tom.
    The cat is knocked up, the male is gone, the family can't afford one cat, let alone 3-9, and the parents don't care enough/are too broke to spay it. The best we can do now is offer info and hope everything goes well. It seems that in your situation, if something goes wrong during birth, you'd just end up losing your cat AND the kittens.

www.kitten-rescue.com has info on what to do in case the mom dies, as well as general kitten-care tips.

http://www.lovethatcat.com/spayneuter.html has a list of low-cost and free spay/neuter clinics throughout the US.

http://www.messybeast.com/handrear.htm more info on handrearing kittens

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/howto15.html info on feline pregnancy and what to do when birth time comes

I hope she does fine and you can convince your parents to get her & the kittens spayed and neutered. Helping save up for it yourself and explaining the pros & cons of spay/neuter may help convince them to do it.

Just for the record I have always stated her parents are the ones responsible here, however she is the poster, not them, so we can only tell her what should be done and hope she can have some influence on her parents somehow, I do understand she is only young and does not control the finances, and can only do so much,but she can still play an important part, even if she is the one to educate her own parents, does happen sometimes.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Again, the advice you are getting on emergency care of kittens is great... but do not panic about all the things that could go wrong. Most cats have healthy kittens without much trouble.

Be aware and prepared, but in most cases, the female does just fine. Good food (whether special food or just as much of her regular food as she wants to eat), a safe warm place to keep her kittens and plenty of fresh water and she will most likely do fine. Putting old clean towels in her nest box is a good way of giving her a soft warm bed that is easy to wash, but if that's not an option newspaper is a good insulater (warm) and can be thrown away when dirty.

Some cats become very protective of their babies, so if she gets hissy don't take it personally or worry. Some cats love to have their person admire their kittens. Watch your cat to see what makes her comfortable. (One of my females back inthe day used to come in the house for treats and cuddles between giving birth to kittens... that was very unusual. Moms don't usually eat while they are in labor, but Sootie was hand raised from two days old (her mom was killed by a car) and she was a very devoted mommy cat.)

The Found Cats,Porchies Angels and I are praying that the Kittens are born healthy.
    As one who for the first time had Kittens in the house,due to Starry Pouncette,I pray that the Momma Cat and Babies will be All Right,and That The Momma Cat wont have to go through this again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Pregnancy help

Amen to that, Gary!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by babychicaleek
    well i'm considered a bad mom from yall
    Sweetie we as rescuers see cats and kittens put to sleep by the day by the thousands, and most cats never have a full life, because they dont spay and neuter, and therefore we as rescuers try to help as many as we can get out of the shelters and into good homes, but meanwhile in the back of the shelter they are dying by the zillions, and our hearts are sick at the thought that all one has to do is go to the vet and alter their animals. I would hope and pray that you spay and neuter mom and dad, dad immediatly! And mom when she is done, and then I would also hope you would spay and neuter each of her kittens prior to them leaving for their new homes, this is the education we are out to teach and this is how you can help to help them, the mistake has been made and now its time to make it right. If you need help or have questions please feel free to ask, but know how we feel seeing what we see and now is happening in the real world, it breaks our hearts and make us angry. Please understand, and help stop this trend,,,,,,,you dont want your baby kittens or the mom and dad in the shelter put to sleep, so this spay and neuter thing is a must, maybe we can help you find someone near you to help there are lots of organizations out the than can, where are you?

carrie

I feel awful for that "bad male cat" and the mom, and the poor kittens that will be born.

Here's an idea. Go on the internet and SEARCH for information. Considering you have many little lives on your irresponsible hands I'd recommend you get as much information as possible asap.

When these cats are born SPAY the mother and make sure you find good homes for the kittens. Do not give them away for free, and don’t drop them off somewhere to be killed. Interview each and every family and make sure you get them all perfect homes.

Ratchet22 you put everything so well, I commend you for your tolerance, I guess I would have liked to say exactly what you said and how you said it, but at the time I was feeling overwhelmed myself by a situation caused by irresponsible people with pets.

Please take the advice offered, and try to assure the kittens go to good homes and take time to do that, not just so that they are gone, make sure whoever takes them agrees to spay or neuter each and everyone of them, even get them to sign something and check up on them later, this even you can do at your young age, then get mama spayed as soon as you can, don't want another litter on your hands,at least if you do this you are taking responsiblity for actions you did not take (e.g getting mama spayed in the first place)and that is a real step in the right direction, I know you are only young and can only do so much especially as you do not control the purse strings, but just talking with your parents about it and telling them what you think should be done, might just work and it will indeed make you feel better about the whole situation. GOOD LUCK.
    Furangels only lent.

I don't think you are being irresponsible, it's parents. I am in the exact situation you are.... my kitten is pregnant because my dad woulden't spay her. I know how bad you would feel and that you have come for help. Again, good luck with the delivery.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

It saddens me to see so many parents who are not being responsible and not teaching their young folk to be, but at least you both know what is the right thing to be done in both situations, do any of you earn pocket money or have little jobs, maybe you can save up to have the cats spayed, some places do them very cheap, worth a thought, and I am sorry if I have appeared harsh with some things I have said, they should have been directed at the real problem THE PARENTS, which I have always said all along should be the ones responsible here, but unfortunately it is not them who is online, I wish it were.
    Furangels only lent.

yep. I don't have a job, I am not old enough. and i can't baby sit because of hockey and school. I am pretty sure my dad will spay her after her kittens are weaned. How bout you babychicaleek?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*