Thread: Milton is lonely since his tiel family passed, but there may be good news for him.

Milton is lonely since his tiel family passed, but there may be good news for him.

I posted this as a reply in Pet Memorial, but I thought some feed back would be good so I'm putting it here too.

'Thank you everyone. It still hurts so much and I talk to Alex, Danny, and Evie every night before bed. I know they can hear me. Your words and concerns really mean a lot to me.

Milton is doing ok. He's eating well and I'm cooking for him twice a day. He's getting a lot of attention. He is now making strange noises that he never made before. Some sound sad and some sound like he's trying to find another mate. I expected this. Going from 4 birds to 1 so suddenly has given me the chance to bond a little more with Milton. I guess that's the only silver lining here. Milton is not hand raised or tame at all because he came from a shelter. Last night I got him to eat some millet while I sat next to him on the bed. Sounds small, but for him it was pretty big. I'm already looking for someone for him. At first it was just asking breeders questions, then one breeder said she had a perfect match for him. It seems too soon, but if you saw Milton you'd know he needs someone. To be honest, I'd be happy with just him. The "perfect" pal for Milton is Bessie. She is a young newly hand tamed (not hand raised) Lutino. She was a rescue similar to Milton. The breeder said she doesn't even advertise that Bessie is available because she was waiting to find the perfect fit for her. I'm planning on visiting her soon (within a week or two). The breeder said Bessie is acting like Milton, sad and looking for a mate. They will have to be quarantined from each other for a month, but they will still be able to head each other from across the house. I hope this makes Milton happy. He's breaking my heart.'
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

oh i hope milton is feeling better soon.Both of you are in my prayers.
    Last edited by crazy_caique; 12-01-2005 at 12:55 PM.

That is great potential news! I know it must have been so hard to lose them all at once like that, and little Alex. I hope this works out and they can both be happy and in turn can make you smile even though it's still so new. Good luck with that and keep us updated! Crossing my fingers for you that they make a good match.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Poor Milton. I hope that things with the possible newbie work out. What a tragic loss you & Milton went through. I can't even begin to imagine. Hugs sweetie.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Diana, this sounds like a good step to me for you to take, both for Milton and for the other birdie and yourself. If you meet up and it feels right I say by all means adopt Bessie. I know you take such wonderful care of your birds and lavish so much love and care on them, it just makes this whole thing especially shocking and tragic . Big {{hugs}} to you and let us know how the meeting goes. I look forward to it
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge