Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kia's Near Death Experience on Easter

Kia's Near Death Experience on Easter

After reading your post aly about Sheba... I think God was with us both.

Kia had a great weekend with Andy and his family for Easter. We both did. On Saturday, Andy took us to Three Dog Bakery where we bought her some treats as well as her own Easter Basket full of goodies.

After church on Sunday, the three of us went to Andy's parents for Easter Dinner (they live in a quiet subdivision).

I opened the door to get something from the car, when Kia bolted. I called for her to come back but her "game" was on. She ran across the street to the neighbors and I watched as they tried to catch her in vain. By now, me, Andy, and his dad are calling for her. She starts to run towards us but makes a sharp right and books down the road towards the busy intersection.

In a sheer panic I run after her. She has stopped in the yard just before the intersection and is looking at me with this, "Mommy try and catch me!" look. I'm on my knees begging for her to come to me.

Nope. She turns and bolts up the hill, thru the backyard of the house on the corner towards the road.

I scream expecting to hear car horns and screaching brakes, as I had lost sight of her when she went over the hill.

Unbeknownst to me, Andy has ran back to his parents to get her leash and hotdogs.

I'm booking it over the hill and Andy wastes no time in catching up to me.

I'm in near tears. Kia is only 20 feet from certain death and every time I walk towards her she moves away from me. I freeze, begging her to come back.

She's standing at the side of the road at this point and I close my eyes not wanting to see my dog be killed. This is NOT how I planned on spending Easter. I can barely hear Andy behind me calling Kia when I open my eyes for a fraction of a second to see Kia darting past me into Andy's arms.

I wanted to faint.

Needless to say, she didn't get her Easter basket full of goodies that day.

And I have three distinct new white hairs.....

The house to the far left is the backyard in which I went scrambling thru.... you can sorta see the hill between the house and a little above the wooden fence.... I think I tore up someones flower bed in my panic....
    Last edited by ramanth; 04-01-2002 at 12:20 PM.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Former User Guest
    Oh good grief, how scary! My heart was beating like maniac when I read your text...phew, I'm glad everything is okay now though!!!

Kimmy! What an aweful experience! I am so relieved that Kia is OK. I bet your heart was about to stop. Hurray, Andy for saving the day!

Thank God this story had a happy ending. I was so scared reading it. I could only imagine how you felt.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. She's never bolted out of the door like that.

I wanted to yell at her for running away from me but at the same time hug her tight.

All the while she's looking at me like, "What's wrong mommy? Didn't you like my game of tag?"

Andy was rewarded with lots of kisses.

Oh gosh, I can certainly relate to that panic! How scary!! How wonderful that Andy was able to think of the leash and hot dogs. I would have reacted exactly like you. God certainly was watching over Kia. I am so glad everything worked out for you and you all came away unharmed, well except for the few extra gray hairs!

Kia - Don't do that again!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Oh Kimmy! I feel for you. I have been there and it is SO heart STOPPING when our furry ones behave that way. I am so glad Kia is ok. Kia you NAWTEE girl. You should NOT scare your Mama like that. Thank goodness for Andy and the hotdogs. Kia, Hope you will be giving your Mama extra love and being specially good today.

I'm so glad Kia's Guardian Angel was on the job! I believe animals have them too! I would have been just sick if it had been me. So, glad your wonderful baby is safe.

Scary, Scary, Scary!!!

So glad it had a happy ending!

Glad Kia is okay! My heart was racing through the story but I had a feeling as soon as you mentioned HOT DOGS, she was okay. When all else fails we can always rely on HOT DOGS! Thank goodness!

Andy was rewarded with lots of kisses.
    Kisses from who exactly? You? Or Kia? Or both?

You write an excellent story, had me at the edge of my seat....! I know the feeling you had in the pit of your stomach. I've been there! Especially with a black dog bolting across the street after dark!! YIKES!!

Originally posted by jennifert
    Kisses from who exactly? You? Or Kia? Or both?
    That's easy... BOTH!!

She was so sad this morning. She misses Andy just as much as I do.

a Song for Kia

-Hot dogs, Ar-mour Hot Dogs
    -- What kind of dogs love Ar-mour Hotdogs?--
    Big Dogs, lit-tle dogs,even VERY NAWTEE dogs
    Chubby Dogs, skin-ny dogs, ev-en dogs who
    RUN for blocks
    Love hotdogs, Ar-mour hotdogs
    The dogs to bring KIA in at night!

So glad she is OK... but ever since I read your post this AM the song has been in my head.

LOL LOL LOL!!!

I gotta write that down and sing it to Kia. Thanks LoudLou.

Glad to hear Kia is okay!

I can only imagine how scared you must have been! Cincy has run off on my twice now, but thanksully both times the streets we not that busy and she actually never left the grass and went into the street. The first time, Sadie ran her down for me and yesterday, at my parents house she got around the front of the house, but stopped when she got near the road...still didn't come back when I called, but at least stopped...one small step....

When my first dog, Oreo used to run off, someone would go for the leash and whatelse but OREO cookies...I know, chocolate is bad..i just didn't know that at 14! Good Save Andy!!!