Thread: pet storys

pet storys

I love to hear how people got there pets and why they named them that special name Please post your story.

I got my bettas from the petstore. I don't know why I named them Elvis and Tequila Sunrise-their attitudes and their colors.

My Molly...well, I always used to hang out at my friend zenas house, and she had 4 or 5 horses. At school we have a field for ag, and sometimes people would ride their horses there..so a mutual friend of ours,another Jessica, brought her there, and I met her and thought she was pretty nice. Well, the girl fell on rough times, so she started keeping her horse at Zena's house. The horse was pretty skinny to begin with, and there wasn't much grass so she got really really skinny. Whenever I went over there, I would ride her, because jessica never really came down. Then Jessica started getting into crack and going completely psyco, she tried to run away on Molly, and her parents decided to sell her. So, $600 later she was mine. When I got her, her feet were overgrown, she was about 200 lbs underweight, and her teeth hadn't been done in a couple years. I think it was the best decision I ever made, she's been wonderful.
    Now she's fat.

lol ok well roxy she was born at my house at a week old she attacked another bunny and had her throat slit open like i mean slit you could see her veins ect, soo i had to raise her take her away from her mum or she would have eaten her so every morning night and afternoon it was feeding and cleaning time the only really hard part was making her go pee(cuz the mothers usually make then until they can on their own).

triggs and casey- i found a add in the petstore and fell in love immediatly and now im so in love with this lil brat that i will buy him once i get the money
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Zsa-Zsa was named after Zsa-Zsa Gabor, Foxy was simply a name that my brother thought of and Tia Maria... well, i dunno really.... i think i just picked it randomly! Zsa-Zsa was chosen because of her gorgeous eyes, Foxy cuz of her unusual colour and Tia because she has a little black spot just above her tail

Zimbabwe 07/13

Oh yeah, Molly's name was Polly before I got her. We thought her name was Molly though, and it just stuck. I didn't think Polly was a good name for a horse anyways.

Tokay Gecko, Geico -

Geico was my 9th grade Science teacher's pet. Her brother gave Geico to her but she didn't like feeding her crickets and making weekly runs to the petstore. She asked one day if anyone wanted her and the first person to bring back a note signed by their parents could have her....well I was there bright and early the next morning armed with my note and a couple days later she dropped her off at my house!!

Guinea pig, Henry -

One of my friends was talking about her guinea pigs during class one day at school and said that her pig Cuddles had babies recently (1 male and 1 female) and she wanted to keep the female but needed to find a home for the male. I had never owned a guinea pig before but I said I'd take him. She dropped him off at my house the next day with a cage and all the accessories. My parents had no idea! It was a huge surprise when they came home from work, lol. My mom wanted me to give him back but after she held him she fell in love and said he could stay! I got him right before the Gecko incident. I'm not sure how Henry got his name, I wanted a big masculine name for him, when I got him his name was Ed.

Elvis -

I had read that Guinea pigs are happier with company and I finally convinced my parents to let me get another pig when Henry was a year old. I bought Elvis from Meijer and they said she was a male...I had no idea how to tell at that time. Well I kept Elvis in a temporary cage for a little while so she could get used to Henry and I wanted her to be bigger before they lived in the same cage. Well soon after they started sharing a cage we had two babies!! (Whom are both have a great home with my cousins!) Elvis got her name when I still thought she was a he. I put a bunch of names that I liked, put them in a hat and Elvis she became!

Mo -

Mo came from the same friend that gave my Henry 2 years prior. I was at her house last year for a Christmas party and she was trying to give away this pig (His name was Seymore). They were originally watching him for a friend but she never came back to get him, Mo had been living with my friend for a couple of months. They already had 2 pigs and really didn't want another. A friend, Chelsea, talked to her mom and then took Mo home. A week later Chelsea came by after school and knocked on our door leaving us with him! Of course we had to keep him. Mo got his name partly because of his Mohawk but really because I was watching The Biggest Loser and he was on my lap. There was a man named Mo on there and I was talking to my mom about names and we mentioned something about Mo on TV and my Mo started squealing. It was hilarious and we just started calling him that and well, it stuck!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Here is my story on how i got my cockatiel Emmy:
    I walked into the petstore that day to look at the green-cheeked conure I was going to buy in jan.05 but i fell in love with these little grey cockatiel who hopped on my finger and climbed onto my shoulder she started as tinkerbell then two hours later emily(which was the name of a stuffed bear i had)but finally emmy lou because I never called her emily only emmy The cage was too big and so where most of the toys(all conure sized)Now she lives in a room cages with lots of toys and treats

Zippy my female tabby with white paws and belly was named after my favorite beanie baby cat Zip(black with white feet)she is a darker colored tabby and had a lot of black so Zippy it was

Pumpkin because of course she is orange and has orange eyes and looked like a pumpkin

I used to have a dog, a brittany, so i named her Brittany. Then i used to have a Cat, and named her Mya , it stands for "MY A kitty" get it? (shes was a very pretty cat) and of course my bird now, Spike, she was named after her spikes on her head.
    Mommy's Little Girl