Thread: Simba's Birthday Party? - FL in December

Simba's Birthday Party? - FL in December

I'm wondering who would be interested in coming over and/or to the beach for Simba's birthday.

His birthday is on Christmas, the 25th, and I figure that day/weekend wouldn't be good for anyone (but if it is, let me know!)

Days that would be good for us:

Saturday or Sunday - 10th & 11th
    Wednesday - 7th, 14th, & 21st

We could do a Christmas Gift exchange for us and/or the dogs... or something along those lines.

Anyone have any ideas/concerns PM me or post here.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I know I posted a reply to this already, perhaps in my haste, I did not hit submit message. LOL. Kay, I would be interested but I can only do the 7th or 21st. If those days don't work then don't worry on my account.

Amber
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I should go on the 10th and we could celebrate our bdays together ;D

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Hmm ... I'd come but it's really not enough time for me to convince my parents that I'm okay driving that far to a person's house I met on the internet LOL. I also am pretty tied up for December, anyway. Oh well, just take lots of pics!!

I'd love to come...I just have to see what days I'm working. I'll let you know.

I'd been planning on coming down to Florida for the weekend of the 16th-18th for my friend's graduation from grad school, but with the baby due any time from here on out I can't. I would've loved to have made a stop to meet Kay and wish ol' Sim a happy boofday.

My thoughts will be with you guys... unless, of course, I'm in the middle of having a baby and then I'm sorry, but my thoughts will be with the extreme pain I'm feeling.

I don't know if I can get away, although I'd love to come and bring Chip. The two big dogs aren't the best with other dogs. Greta is definitely dog agressive and Cassius likes to hump everyone.

My mother is still in rehab with her broken shoulder, and I don't know exactly when she'll be getting out. We're hoping in two weeks. So I don't feel comfortable leaving during the month of December.

I really would love to meet Simba and Nala, they've been two of my favorite dogs here on PT since I joined.
    honor

Greta & Cassius

Anyone have anymore ideas on this? I'm thinking the 21st might be the best.

-rx bandits

Umm...I may be interested if you were going to have the dogs meet at the dog beach in the morning of the 21st. Were you thinking anything like that? I will PM you.

I work that day, but I should be able to switch it. I'll PM you and let you know. I'll only be able to bring Boomer...Sam is on the dog aggressive side (he's a little strange), and Casey dosen't like crowds or groups of dogs, she gets real nervous. So I should be able to come up there.

Okay... this is starting to come together. Now we need a time and where you all would like to meet -

*Dog Park (I can reserve a pavillion - All 3 of my dogs can come)
    *Off-leash Dog Beach (Only Kiara can come)
    *Onleash Dog Beach (Only 1 dog unless my dad wants to take one, so Simba since it's his birthday)
    *My House (Of course, all 3 will be here) - we could always go to the beach afterwards.

My house might be better because we can come inside if it gets "cold" (Florida's "Cold")

Who will be there for sure? What dogs will you be bringing? What time will be best, how long are you wanting to stay?

Ginger's Mom?
    Gemini9961?
    Areias?
    A friend of mine from another forum may be coming.

Do you all want to do a gift exchange?

If you are coming for sure add your names to the list:

People:
    Kay (Kfamr)

Dogs:
    Simba, Nala, & Kiara

-rx bandits

In response to your PM, Kay, my name is Jessica. I will definately be able to go. I'll be able to bring only one dog, Boomer. Sam is slightly dog aggressive and Casey just gets too nervous, she might be okay but I'm just going to stick with Boomer. It dosen't matter much to me where we go.

I'm coming from just south of Tampa, in the Riverview/Brandon area. It will probably be about an hour/hour and a half drive...so pretty please, nothing before 9. I could probably stay until the afternoon, but would like to leave before 5 o clock traffic.

I wouldn't mind doing a gift exchange either, it would be fun. Depending on where we meet, maybe we should do a small potluck? With some fruit and such.

Kay,

It depends on what time it is. Let me know and I will see what I can work out. I would like to come even if I can't bring my 3 with me due to my meeting that morning.

Amber
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I would prefer something in the morning (any time after 9:00 is fine with me). We will probably be leaving somewhere around 11:30 or noon (?). As for the place, I would love to see if Ginger even likes the beach, but since it is Simba's birthday I think he should be there. So the dog park would be good (you can give me directions to the beach later ). Your house would be alright, I am just worried about Ginger being too nervous/timid in an enclosed area/yard with a lot of larger dogs (she may surprise me, she often does).

The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that it's supposed to be rainy/cold this week. I don't know if it'd be good to make plans at the park if it's just going to rain, especially for me since i'm coming down with a cold. :P

How about we meet up at my house - say 10am? From there we can decide to go to the park/beach what have you. Feel free to bring gifts for everyone (I bought some toys and treats to give to everyone who attends.)

Is that okay with everyone?

-- PM me if you plan to come, for my address and phone #.

-rx bandits