Thread: Cheetah abuse

Cheetah abuse

http://insidebayarea.com/ci_3254232
    I read about this story yesterday. I originally saw the photos on Yahoo news, be warned if you do a search for them it is very depressing. They are babies! A government vet was expected to visit the cubs today (Sat.) and possibly try to get the cubs from this man. I have been searching all over for updates to this (it is very late Sat. in Ethiopia) to no avail. THis story has haunted me since I read it; I wish I could do more.

That story is terrible sadly i have heard of many similar cases involving other big cats and bears, some people are heartless

Zimbabwe 07/13

I just found this story : http://www.cheetah.org/?html=news-pr...-press&key=162

They did get rescued!

I get so down about this stuff.

I'm so glad this had a happy ending. I'm also glad that the government didn't pay that piece of garbage anything for them, as this would definitely encourage poaching.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I too was sickened by the horrors those cubs have endured by that sadistic bunch of monsters! I'm soooo happy you found a link to a happier ending for the cubs, and hope that they can recover from their awful ordeal. It makes me wonder just how many other cubs have been poached and used for sick amusement in other areas? Poor infants.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Thank you for posting a follow up on the cubs. I would have been
    searching for news of them all evening. I am saddened to think there are
    only 15,000 cheetahs left in the WORLD>
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Heard about this story last night and was so depressed just thinking of them. Thanks for posting a follow-up.