Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toxoplasmosis Help!

When I read all this, I was hoping it was NOT little Sasha!!!! Will send prayers to help her get better!!! Please keep us posted!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by kb2yjx
    When I read all this, I was hoping it was NOT little Sasha!!!! Will send prayers to help her get better!!! Please keep us posted!!!!
    Thanks, She will have to live with her condition from what I am reading, there is nothing on this condition (myotonia), it is extreamly rare, Sasha I assume at this point is the 2nd cat known with it, I hope there are more somewhere
    So we can learn from each other for the cats in the future that have it. And get it documented......

Not much hope with that, but I will continue on with the popes and with the neurologist and pray all the way that something can be given to these cats to help their condition some, though I dont ever see it cured, maybe something can help. They have dogs with it, but the meds they give the dogs is toxic to cats, so there isnt much at all.....

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Carrie, Post your question about Sasha's myotonia condition here...http://www.handicappedpets.com/cgi-b...bbbs_config.pl
    Chances are others may have heard of this condition and be able to either dig up links, or share knowledge. I hope you can find some help for her...keep us posted. Jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

SASHA 6-1-05 to 6-3-06

"Sasha"
    June 1, 2005 ---- June 3, 2006

Myotonia is an EXTREAMLY RARE condition, and never seen in cats. Most are euthanized because no one knows whats wrong, Sasha taught me alot about dedication and Love, she became my bestest friend ever. I am saddened that she is gone. She survived with her condition for a year. I am proud of her for all she did, and I will miss her so much. Myotonia needs to be known, it's out there and cats can be affected by it. It is a muscle condition; it's not a death sentence. She loved to eat, and would come running when it was time, her favorite food was Iams wet kitten food, it was hard for her to even move, but for food, she could run! I miss her dearly and will never forget her, nor will those that knew her. She was very special, and there is no other kitty like her. We love you Sasha, rest in peace now till momma sees you again
    With Love,

Mommy

I am so sorry to hear about Sasha's passing. Play gently, little girl, you were called home much to early.

I'm so sorry to hear of this...RIP Sasha you were very special...wait for your mommy at the bridge.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

OMG this is heartbreaking! I have to read more about myotonia...you say it's not a death sentence, but I wonder what happened to the little girl!

BLESS YOU for loving her! She had a far far better and longer life than she EVER would have had so many others.

HUGS HUGS HUGS
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Poor sweet Sasha... I'm glad she had you to care for her even though it wasn't long enough. R.I.P. wee girl.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Godspeed to the bridge sweet Sasha.

Your Mommy will find you One Fine Day.

I am so sorry Carrie

I just read through this thread and of course am very sad to read that Sasha is now gone....but, I am glad that she had a happy life and was loved. Maybe someone else can read about her condition - and another cat may be allowed to live out it's life.

Hugs to you.

OK you guys made me cry Its been a tough week without her thats for sure. No its not a death sentence, what I mean by that is that there is no research on it, no one i know has ever even heard of it, it is rare, but the problem is its because most are euthanized and diagnosed as FIP or Distemper, etc. and this is done because these diseases can show some of the same symptoms as Myotonia, but the difference is the symptoms are NOT all there, all but 1 or all but 2, where as Myotonia she had all of those symptoms, and was diagnosed with it from the neurologist, I am finding it hard to have her not here, it is breaking my heart, the few that knew her, like my vets office, are very saddened by this, she was a wonderful kitty, and very special to say the least. She would win the hearts of everyone that saw her and knew her. Many times over I was told FIP and to euthanize, and I did not, and I moved on and on till I had an answer that fit, and so everyone was with her and I through this, and her strenth and my persistance we moved forward with what we had. She has taught me and everyone ALOT, and I, for her, will make sure that every one in my path will know what Myotonia is, its not a disease, its a condition, The Problem is the medicine to help with dogs that have this condition is Toxic to cats, therefore there is nothing for them . Thanks for your wonderful replys, I miss her alot and cant wait to see her again someday

Carrie

I'm so sorry to hear about sweet, precious Sasha. Poor baby, thank goodness she had you to care for her so lovingly. I know you miss her terribly, but rest easy knowing you did all you possibly could do for her.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, little one. Your meowmie loves you.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I