Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three of my cockatiels passed away suddenly:(

Three of my cockatiels passed away suddenly:(

I'm posting this here so more people can see it. I know Alex has gotten a lot of prayers from people on here.

I still don't know what happened... There were no signs until it was too late. On Monday 11/21 my beloved Alex, Danny, and Evie passed away. First it was Danny. I came home and saw him on the bottom of the cage. I've seen it before with Pretty Boy and when you see it you know there is nothing you can do for them. I tried to make him comfortable and called the vet to have him euthanized. I did this because when Pretty Boy went to the RB I thought I'd cover the cage and let it happen naturally, but she was lying there all night and I couldn't do that to Danny. By the time I made the calls Danny was gone. Just as I started to cry my brother runs in the room and says something is wrong with Evie. Evie was only a year and a half old. Within minutes she was gone too. I took Alex (my VERY VERY special girl) and Milton out of the cage and put them in my room and opened the windows at the vet's request. It looked like Alex and Milton were going to be ok, but then about 2 hours later Alex passed rapidly too. That hurt so much to see my girl go. They are all special, but Alex was my baby girl and I did everything for her. My mom got 3 nice wooden cigar boxes and I put all their favorite toys in them and a picture of Alex in Danny's (that was his girl too) They will be buried today. Alex will be buried with my RB Shih Tzu, Angie and Danny and Evie next to them.

I don't know if it was an inhalant in the air (carbon monoxide detector was at 0) or a virus or what. My whole family has been talking about it for days with no answers. Milton is doing well all things considered and I have been spending a lot of time with him. I never thought Milton and I would be kindred souls, but we are both hurting a lot right now. This has been a total nightmare.

Mommy misses you Ally Cat, Danny Boy, and Evie Girl. RIP
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

So sorry about your pets my thoughts are with you

Zimbabwe 07/13

I'm so sorry for your losses. What a tragedy, to loose all 3 at once, with no answer. My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss to loss all 3 at the same time my thoughts and prayers are with you

omg thats terrible i dont even know where to start about how bad i feel for you i cant even imagine how much pain your in
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

That is so horriable, im so sorry for you , oh my..huggs..many huggs..

I am so sorry. My heart goes aches for you. (((((hugs)))))) You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm so sorry, how terrible to lose all three at once! My thoughts and prayers are with you. May they RIP.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

(((((hugs))))))

Oh dear! I'm so sorry! The same thing happened with my ex-flock (I say that because my flock of 6-7 or so was reduced to 3). However, I know why my birds died. It does give me some closure to know what caused their deaths and how to prevent it. Have you recently painted your house? Have you recently acquired a new bird? Are the birds near any drafts (this is a basic basic question and you probably will say no, but it never hurts to ask)? This all deals with airborne problems. You should also look into their water, their food, the treats, etc. What were you feeding them? I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain is incredible, and the is just numbing. I know where you've been, and I can completely sympathize with you. I hope you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle
    Oh dear! I'm so sorry! The same thing happened with my ex-flock (I say that because my flock of 6-7 or so was reduced to 3). However, I know why my birds died. It does give me some closure to know what caused their deaths and how to prevent it. Have you recently painted your house? Have you recently acquired a new bird? Are the birds near any drafts (this is a basic basic question and you probably will say no, but it never hurts to ask)? This all deals with airborne problems. You should also look into their water, their food, the treats, etc. What were you feeding them? I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain is incredible, and the is just numbing. I know where you've been, and I can completely sympathize with you. I hope you feel better.
    Alex's birthday was Saturday and I bought her millet and a new toy. I washed the toy. Nothing else was different. I still threw away everything and bought Milton all new stuff.

Oh no I am so sorry for your losses, how horrible it must be to those three at one time RIP Alex, Danny and Evie!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I am so very sorry. I am sure that was heartbreaking. {{{Big Hugs}}}

I feel so bad for Milton. I think he knows what's going on because he's not calling for Evie like he used to when she would be away from him. I know his little heart is breaking just like mine. He came from a shelter and he has been with us for over a year. It's like he finally found his cockatiel family and they all die. Poor little guy. Plus, he wasn't hand raised and I don't think he likes to be handled, which means he will have almost no physical contact in his life. I plan to work with him more, but not if it means stressing him out. It's way too soon to tell, especially since I don't know what happened to Alex, Danny, & Evie, but I might consider in the future getting Milton a friend. I honestly don't want to, but Milton deserves companionship.

I am so so sorry -hugs- I know that must be tearing you up inside, it's so hard to loose anyone we love. I'm just really sorry you lost your babies
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*