Thread: german shepard pup

german shepard pup

I thought I'd try posting this here, but the catch is I just found out and this pup goes to the pound tomorrow so I need to do something quickly. A co-worker of mine has a friend whose getting rid of a female 6 month old pure bred German Shepard pup. According to him she's been to puppy school and is housebroken, current on vaccines, and healthy. Not sure about papers or if spayed, but I can definately find out. He mentioned something regarding a year of medical being taken care of (I'll have to clarify that with him, but I have the feeling it may be through the Petsmart wellness plan). She has toys, leash, bowls etc already. He's getting rid of her because well basically she's a puppy. He has 2 small kids and she's energetic and apparently has knocked them down a couple of times. (Why he didn't think of this before is beyond me???) I haven't met her, but based on this she probably shouldn't go to a home with small kids. If transport is an issue I can hang on to her for a short period of time at my home, but I have 4 large dogs already, one of which is very choosy about her canine friends, so I unfortunately can't keep her permanently. If anyone is intersted please let me know asap.

If I were ten years younger, I would love to have a GSD pup.
    They are one of the smartest breeds there are. They can be a delight
    to train.I do hope your coworker can find a GSD rescue group to take
    her in for adoption. Fingers crossed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wish we weren't all the way across the country (I'd ask my Dad or brother, as Miss Hoppy rules the roost here.) Have you tried GSD rescue groups?

Oh.. my heart is breaking.... I wish I could take her...
    Please go to www.petfinder.com and it will show a list of rescues in your area and give those phone numbers and or e-mail addresses to her owner.
    I pray she finds a great home soon!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thanks everyone, I wish I could take her as well but it's just not feasible for me either. Most of the general rescue groups here are pretty full, but I did give him the number for the 1 german shepard rescue group I found on the net to call. I haven't seen my coworker yet so I'm not sure if they did. Thanks pitc9 I hadn't thought of petfinder, I'll check there and see if I can get a couple more numbers. If anybody hear's of anyone let me know, I don't have a problem getting her out of the shelter if need be, I also don't have a problem holding on to her temporarily or helping transport her, maybe meeting someone half way. Thanks again.

She sounds like a beautiful dog, but I cannot take her, I already have 4 dogs and I really love Border Collies, and I have never owned a german shepherd dog before, so I don't know what it's like.

I thought I'd give a quick update. My coworker said his friend didn't get the chance to take her to the shelter yet. I tried to give some ideas on how to teach her not to jump originally, which they've been trying. I just talked to him again today and so far seems to be going ok, so there's a chance he may keep her. Keep your fingers crossed it works out.

I havent ever done this before (so bear with me, please)

I am trying this for the first time. My family and I are IN San Diego and we just lost our big female German Shepard about 2 weeks ago.

I would love to talk to you about this puppy...how would I get ahold of you.

We live in Rancho Penasquitos and have a yard that faces out to the Penasquitos Canyon.

We have had only German Shepards for the past 25 years.
    Our kids are 17 & 11 and they have only had German Shepards as pets.

We have no other dogs at this time and she would be an only FUR-baby for us.

Please contact me.....

Wendy Lu

Welcome to Pet Talk, Wendy Lu!

SO SORRY you lost you FurKid ... Rest In Peace, Big Girl.

You might not have noticed, but this thread was last updated on
    NOVEMBER 29, 2005 = almost 5 months ago.

Not sure if that GSD Pup worked out with his original family or not ...
    hopefully pnance will jump in here and let us all know.

There ALWAYS Shepherds in your local Shelter, Dog Pound, or GSD Rescue.
    Check http://www.Petfinder.com for available dogs in your area.

Again - WELCOME to Pet Talk!!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Lu
    I am trying this for the first time. My family and I are IN San Diego and we just lost our big female German Shepard about 2 weeks ago.

We live in Rancho Penasquitos and have a yard that faces out to the Penasquitos Canyon.

Please contact me.....

Wendy Lu
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

He decided to keep her and she's doing fine. I gave them the name of the trainer I took one of my pups to and she's slowly outgrowing the "puppy" stage.

I don't know if this will help but here's the number for the German Shepard Rescue I had found in San Diego originally, and a website for one in orange county.
    (858) 576-1016
    http://www.gsrescue.org/avail.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy Lu

Please contact me.....

Wendy Lu
    I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that you are willing to rescue!
    Most people looking for pure breed dogs only turn to breeders to find the "perfect" dog. Both of mine were rescues.
    I hope you try to find shelters/rescues in your area and find the perfect one for you!! By the way... welcome to Pet Talk!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Glad to hear that the pup is still in her home!!!

Wendy, so sorry for your great loss. I know how you feel.
    By all means, do go to a rescue...you may have to wait a bit for the right dog to come along, but it is well worth it! You will also be saving a life! Good luck and please keep us updated.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

She sounds like an awesome dog... is there an update on her yet???