Thread: More information from the HS re. Archie, Edith, and "Fuzzball"!

More information from the HS re. Archie, Edith, and "Fuzzball"!

I took a sample of the little "Fuzzball"'s poop to the Humane Society to be tested for worms. While there, I got a little more information about my three temporary little charges:

When little Edith and Archie were brought in, they were both filthy dirty and covered with fleas! They were anemic from the flea infestations, also. They were cleaned up and have had their first shots. They are getting some nutrition supplement medicine for the anemia (which the HS gave to me to keep giving to them, and to "Fuzzball" when I brought them home). They have been eating like little piggies here, so it's OK to stop giving them the Science Diet A/D now, and get them started on regular kitten food---dry preferrably but canned if they don't want to eat the dry food yet. The HS gave me food for them.

Little Fuzzball came in to the HS very cold, dirty, underweight, and malnourished. I'm not sure if she was covered with fleas or not, but she had been outside in the cold with no food or water. They said she's going to need lots of attention, love, and nourishment to pull through. I told them I am concerned because she isn't eating well, and that I'm going to try feeding her some baby food. They suggested chicken flavored, so I went and got several jars of that.

I just put some in a little kitten food bowl in front of her, and she ate some of it! My son is going to try to keep encouraging her to eat some of it every few hours. She has a lot of spunk, and is just so, so cute and cuddly and adorable. She just HAS to pull through! I'm waiting to hear the results of the testing for worms. They didn't give me any medicine for her for that yet---not until they get the results back, I guess. And I didn't ask them about the possibility of coccidia yet like someone suggested on another thread about her. I'll keep that in mind, though. She hasn't vomited and she hasn't had any diarrhea. She is pooping and peeing normally as far as I can tell. She is just so very, very thin under all that fur! I am sure that if you were to see her without the fur, she would look like a little skeleton with skin covering on it. THAT'S how malnourished and underweight she is!

I'll continue to take pictures, and see if I can get one that show's her thin-ness a little better somehow.

In the meantime, I'm going to post another thread asking for name suggestions for her......

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

It is so sad that some babies have to fight so hard to hold onto life. But the 2 black and whites seem to be past the critical point. Hopefully little tortie will start to gain weight soon.

We are sending More Prayers for the Little One,that she can survive her terrible ordeal.
    May the people who abandoned her suffer,the same way Talia has.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The little Princess will do fine if you keep shoving food at her and encouraging her to eat.. A lick here, a lick there and keep at it. Good idea your son for you son to keep at it with the food. She is just to sweet to let go of without a FIGHT!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!