Thread: NZ to host rugby world cup.......

NZ to host rugby world cup.......

Now I know this is not that interesting to a lot of you, but I just wanted to share all the same, this is indeed a triumphant moment for NZ, we have won the right to host the Rugby World Cup in 2011, long way a way, but still it is a very good thing for my country, it will bring in around 400 million dollars to the economy, and around 65,000 visitors as well, all good for lil ole NZ, of course NZ is a sports mad country especially when it comes to Rugby and Cricket, so it means a lot to the sports minded people here too, I am happy, anything that boosts our economy or tourism is all good IMO.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hmm that's several years away maybe I could save up. I've always wanted to go to NZ and see the All Blacks play, they are my favorite team. I wish the US was more into rugby it's such a great sport and I really enjoy playing.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Aww that is sweet that you like the ALL BLACKS so much, I am surpised anyone here even knows who they are, yes well it is a way away, but times flies, better start saving now eh?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hmmmm, airfares from here to NZ are only $A400 return at the moment!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Aww that is sweet that you like the ALL BLACKS so much, I am surpised anyone here even knows who they are.
    They are actually quite popular amongst American ruggers. I often get catalogues in the mail to buy rugby gear, this last one that I got had them on the cover. They almost always have an entire section with their merchandise.

I played when I was in college then took a few years off. I now play again with a city team, I missed it so much and am happy to be playing again. Here's a picture of me at a recent home game. I'm #2 I play hooker.

I've been Defrosted!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Meow
    Hmmmm, airfares from here to NZ are only $A400 return at the moment!
    That's probably cheaper than going to Perth (WA)!

Congrats to NZ - and especially all the rugby-mad people down there. (Believe me - in SA Rugby and Cricket are more like a RELIGION than a sport, so I can relate!!!). We got knocked out in the first round for the 2011 bid, but at least we have the Soccer in 2010. As you said Carole, it is an awesome boost for tourism and the economy!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Well now you learn something new everyday don't you? I never knew any Americans even played Rugby, so have you got a favourite All Black? Do you like their Haka they perform before the game?
    Furangels only lent.

Hey I think if I got my facts right S. Africa voted for us anyhow , but I believe Australia did not, no suprises there eh my across the Tasman Friends, Nicole wouldn't you rather come on down for the Cricket and see your beloved Stephen?
    Furangels only lent.

So I jokingly mentioned to Alexa that we should go to NZ in 2011, when she asked why I told her because I wanted to see the rugby world cup. LOL now she's hinting that NZ would be a great place for a honeymoon .
    I've been Defrosted!

Quote Originally Posted by G535
    That's probably cheaper than going to Perth (WA)!
    Are you in the west? My in-laws are in Wanneroo!

Carole, you know I'll never stop stalking Stephen but I need something to do in the off season!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Ha Ha Nicole you are so funny, laura sounds like you have a plan, and you sure have some time to save up, your partner seems into it too, so why not, I can recommend it as a lovely place to visit lol.
    Furangels only lent.