Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if they didn't exist?

What if they didn't exist?

January 1-7, 2006

CALLING ALL OWNERS OF THE FOLLOWING BREEDS: Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinschers, Boxers, Chow Chows, American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Bull Terriers, American Bulldogs, Akitas, Siberian Huskies, and Chinese Shar-Peis.

California will ring in the New Year with Breed Specific Legislation unless our referendum effort succeeds. We are asking everyone to CEASE ALL DOG ACTIVITIES from January 1 through January 7, 2006. This NO BSL boycott will end Midnight, January 8, 2006 (Sunday). Breed Specific Legislation threatens all the aforementioned breeds, and unfortunately, breed specific legislation is sweeping the nation. Many counties throughout the U.S. have outright bans on various breeds, and the list of breeds continually expands. We invite dog owners all over the United States to participate, but we especially urge California dog owners to be involved and make a statement about the new CA law!

What if all the politicians and misguided citizens who support BSL got their wish? No more dogs of those so-called "potentially dangerous" breeds. What would it be like?

All show dogs, working dogs, therapy dogs, search and rescue dogs, pet dogs, etc... PLEASE participate.

During the week of January 1-7, 2006....

DO NOT:

Shop at pet stores

Go to dog shows

Go to matches, trials, or obedience/training classes

Participate in searches (unless a child's life is in danger)

Engage in scheduled therapy visits

Visit a vet (unless an emergency)

with any dog that's of a breed listed above. This is ONE week only! You can do it! Make a statement! Show California just what it would be like without our dogs! It might be hard to forego all those things for a week, but think how much harder it will be if our dogs don't exist at all. Eventually, little by little, politicians are trying to legislate breeds out of existence. Let's show them just how much of an impact our dogs make.

DO:

Play with your dogs at home

Stock up on good toys and treats for them

Give them extra special loving.

PLEASE VISIT http://www.chako.org for full info.

PLEASE CROSSPOST! THIS IS IMPORTANT!
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

What would not going to dog shows or not going to matches, trials, or obedience/training classes have to do with stopping the BSL?? That would hurt the AKC or whatever more than the local government, would it not??

I can see how not shopping at petstores would hurt though, and MAYBE not going to the vet.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    What would not going to dog shows or not going to matches, trials, or obedience/training classes have to do with stopping the BSL?? That would hurt the AKC or whatever more than the local government, would it not??

I can see how not shopping at petstores would hurt though, and MAYBE not going to the vet.
    It would show how the world would be if those breeds were no longer around...which would be a horrible horrible thing.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    It would show how the world would be if those breeds were no longer around...which would be a horrible horrible thing.
    Exactly!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

The ban breed thing is getting really bad here in Colorado! They banned the pit bull and any pit mix in Denver, Aurora, now Federal Heights and Arvada are thinking about doing it also. Commerence City also banned them. Colorado Springs, Boulder and Pueblo are also thinking about banning the pit bull. It makes me so mad.

A 10 year old boy was attacked by his families pit bulls a few weeks ago in Aurora. The people owned 5 pit bulls. 3 adults and two puppies. No one was home when the little boy got home from school, the front door was locked so he jumped over their wooden fence to see if the back door was unlocked. 3 of the pit bulls attacked him. They think the dogs were fighting and the little boy jumped in the middle of it. It was so sad. The little boy lost an arm. The media blamed the whole thing on the dogs of course. Those people should have NEVER left all 5 pitties alone together that is asking for trouble. The whole thing was tragic for the little boy and the dogs.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

This is awfull..what next??

Mandy is half Pit. She REALLY looked like a Pit when she was skinny, now that she's a fattie she doesn't look all muscly like she did before. Is this for the whole country to participate or just California?

I think it's mostly for those in Cali, but the more people participating everywhere the more the message will be felt everywhere, including those cities even tinkering with the idea of BSL.
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

I don't condone breed specific legistlation and I have a soft spot in my heart for pit bulls, however I do agree with the spay/neuter approach that california is taking, I wish it were the same for all breeds.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

When will all of this breedism end

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

OH MY GOSH! THEY CANT DO THIS!!!! That is SO Unfair! Over half those dogs I've never met a dangerous one! AND It's NOT the Dog's Fault!!!! Its The stupid IDIOT owners!!! GOSH!!! This makes me all mad...Sorry I just cant STAND this!!! Even though I live on the other half of the US, I will SO do this protest. This is NOT Fair!!! I've never met a mean Siberian Husky, or Akita! Boxer either!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

some of these breeds are my favorite breeds! i couldn't imagine NOT having them.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

even i dont live in USA or have breed specific banning, i HATE that, and the people that support that only because a dog did something bad they blame the breed, blame the dog not the breed and even so blame the owner he´s the one responsible for the dog and his behavior (training). it makes me think of racism and i tought we were all over that......... now it´s with pets........so what would be next???
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    I've never met a mean Siberian Husky, or Akita! Boxer either!
    I've met a lot of mean Huskies, as well as mean Rotties, GSDs, and Chows. However, it's usually either a result of bad breeding, a bad owner, or both. I've met well-bred dogs of each breed who are owned by good owners that are just as sweet as can be.

But, a Shar Pei? I've never even heard of them being aggressive! Is this the new breed they're going to start banning?

Quote Originally Posted by .sarah
    I've met a lot of mean Huskies, as well as mean Rotties, GSDs, and Chows. However, it's usually either a result of bad breeding, a bad owner, or both. I've met well-bred dogs of each breed who are owned by good owners that are just as sweet as can be.

But, a Shar Pei? I've never even heard of them being aggressive! Is this the new breed they're going to start banning?
    I havent! But It is probably because of bad breeding/bad owner! Any dog can become aggressive if they have a bad owner/bad breeding...
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography