Thread: Ear Troubles...

Ear Troubles...

Maggie likes to come inside for the night and I have noticed for a while that when she comes inside her ears get kinda hot and a little red? She rubbes them a lot inside and she loves when you massage them? Is there something wrong since they are getting so hott so fast and she is rubbing them a lot?
    Sara[human] Maggie[lab/gsd]Autumn[chow/x] Boo Boo[mutt] Mittens[domestic long hair] CP[Domestic short hair] Cisco [Quarter Horse] Austin[Quarter Horse/Paint] and the ducks...

There is a variety of things it could be. For instance, Maggie could have seasonal allergies or maybe irritation from being outdoors. She could also have some sort of ear infection such as a yeast or staph infection that is aggravating her. Floppy-eared dogs and dogs that are avid swimmers tend to be the most prone to ear infections. I would consider consulting your vet if it persists.

What food is she on? What formula? Some dogs can be sensitive to ingredients like beef that may cause chronic ear problems.

sometimes some types of dogs get them very easly. For example, cockers have VERY bad ears. We have to give our dogs medication every night so that they don't smell. Yes their ears make them smell VERY bad.
    Love my dog, I'll love you,
    Corner my dog, I'll corner YOU!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

An animal's eye have the power to speak a great language. - Martin Buber

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Bern Williams

Dogs are miracles with paws. ~Attributed to Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. ~Phil Pastoret

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~Andy Rooney

charlie 213

I think your dog has bad allergies. CAN NOT SMOKE IN MY HOUSE OR LIGHT ANY CANDLES. BECAUSE IT IRRITATES HER AND I NOTICE IF I TEND TO SNEEK A CIG IN MY HOUSE SHE WILL LICK HER PAWS AND CHEW AT HER PAWS. IT IS THE BREED OF DOG. I WOULD GET HER TO THE VET AND GET HER AN ALLERGY SHOT. THEY MAY SUBCRIBE OTTIS DROPS. AFTER YOU CLEAN HER EARS YOU PUT 2 DROPS IN HER EAR, THEN MASSAGE THE OUTSIDE IF THE EAR SO THAT IT GETS IN HER EAR REALLY GOOD. BUT, MY DOGS EARS GET BETTER AND THEN ITS RIGHT BACK TO THE VETS. I LOVE HER TO MUCH TO GET RID OF HER SO I DEAL WITH IT. I WISH YOU THE BEST W/ YOUR DOG.

ok, thanks guys. I do notice that she smells bad in the house and not at all outside? so maybe...I'll have to take her in...
    Sara[human] Maggie[lab/gsd]Autumn[chow/x] Boo Boo[mutt] Mittens[domestic long hair] CP[Domestic short hair] Cisco [Quarter Horse] Austin[Quarter Horse/Paint] and the ducks...