Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tin Foil Ball

Tin Foil Ball

I'm sure it the oldest cat toy in the world but I've never made one for my cat before. I made one the other day only because I tore off more than I needed and they went crazy playing with it! And it's cheaper than buying toys!
    Last edited by DeeDeeD; 11-15-2005 at 07:25 AM.

I'm going to go and make one just now - its worth a try. Maybe the key is the cost-free status of the toy. any that have been actually bought and paid for seem to be of no interest at all in our house!
    Laura

Oh yeah my cats LOVE them. Actually they'll pretty much play with anything, even imaginary fuzz and stuff. They crack me up

facebook

(sigh)....it was worth a try. Its still sitting here while they sleep round it, much ignoring going on. I think I've played with it more than them hehe

Cats, eh???
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by kilbarchancats
    (sigh)....it was worth a try. Its still sitting here while they sleep round it, much ignoring going on. I think I've played with it more than them hehe

Cats, eh???
    Try wrapping a string up in it and then hanging it from something Mine go NUTS when I do that.

facebook

I'll give that a try, thanks. We have tom's spider hanging from an elastic string on a door handle and he loves that
    Laura

My Cleo used to love the tin foil ball when she was little. I think because it sparkles as it catches the light. Also it's light and easy to carry and because it's uneven, not smooth like a ball, they can pick it up easily with their teeth. (eeuw - can you imagine doing that yourself, the thought makes me squirm, like fingernails down a blackboard) We haven't tried the foil ball for ages, maybe we should resurrect that game. Currently she likes the feathers and streamer things on a stick. Colette likes little toy mice, the tiny ones.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Our 2 male cats are very destructive with their toys. Most toys I buy them only last a day or two. When we lived at our old place we used to buy them lots of those little mice and they just loved them but they always disappeared. It was a very small apartment and we used to wonder where they went but we kept buying them. Then when we moved my husband and I still never found any of them and we wonder if they ate them?? Needless to say we don't buy any toys like that anymore! The tin foil balls have disappeared now too but I made them very hard so I don't think they will be able to eat those. I hope not anyway!! LOL

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    We've had a tin foil ball toy that's been sitting in the M's toy basket for over a year. All of a sudden, Mitzi dug it out of the basket this week and it's now one of her latest favorite toys. Give it time. Cats will play with the toys on THEIR terms, but you probably do know that by now, right?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

i tried that before and my cats (bubba & simba) didn't really like it. But once i put some CN in it, that was the end for them.
    Love my dog, I'll love you,
    Corner my dog, I'll corner YOU!

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

An animal's eye have the power to speak a great language. - Martin Buber

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Bern Williams

Dogs are miracles with paws. ~Attributed to Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. ~Phil Pastoret

If dogs could talk, it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one. ~Andy Rooney

I HAVE NEVER TRIED THAT BEFORE.I WILL HAVE TO GO MAKE ONE NOW AND SEE IF MY FUSSY BOY LIKES IT.THANKS FOR THE IDEA Sorry for the caps,it was on and im too lazy to retype

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

OK I tried the foil ball on Felix.Lets just say I need to buy another roll He keeps on shooting them under the stove,and I was too lazy to get them so I kept making more.I will take them all out today He will think he hit the jackpot when he sees all the foil balls

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Well I resurrected the idea, made a tin foil ball, threw it, sat back and waited.
    And waited. And waited. They watched me throw it. They followed it with their gaze. They sauntered across and investigated it. Then wandered away. Later on Cleo chased after it, but seems to have forgotten how she used to bring it back for another throw all those years ago...
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

My cat loves my elastic hair ties and scrunches. So If I have a nice one I have to put it out of sight so it will stay off his mind. Though I may try out this tin foil Idea.

You just might have to cut your hair, I'm afraid...
    You could try making foil rings, to fool them?