Thread: Shrimp, liver, etc.

Shrimp, liver, etc.

I would like to feed my cats shrimp, liver, and other goodies occasionally, but I'm not sure if they should be raw or cooked.

What the general consenus?

It's better if they're cooked, I think. My cats love the turkey liver out of the giblets bag at Thanksgiving! it stinks up the house, though.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Mary, mine rarely get a shot at raw meat, but I have to tell you that shrimp, cooked or raw, is the "cat's meow" around here. They LOVE it, either way.

I'm pretty sure they want the liver raw, but cooked shrimps are quite allright. Also, raw pieces of cod will go down well! Whatever you do, only give them a little at a time! If you intend to cook it all, don't let them have any raw first, because they may not think the cooked version is so exiting! Oh, and if they're not at least 3 rooms away when you open it, you won't get a chance to cook it!

Let us know what they think.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Angel, Shadow, and Annie all asked me if they can come to your house for dinner tonight! They never get any of those things here, so I have no idea whether to cook it or not. I wouldn't want that stuff in my house, but I might have to reconsider if my three go on strike here after reading what other kitties get from their hoomans!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

I've bought a Perdue oven stuffer roaster and actually cooked the giblets for them. They won't touch it. They won't even touch any kind of beef or liver canned cat food.

Now fish is a totally different story. They LOVE shrimp, scallops and whitefish, not to mention tuna.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

There are several Cat Cook Books out,that show you the proper way,to prepare those Meats safely,and nutritionally completely for your Cat.
    I tried a Turkey Fillet Recipe,and it was a BIG SUCESS!
    And I am no Emmeril when it comes to cooking.
    But the Found Cats and Porchies said
    BAM!!!
    I would check your Library.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well, i cooked some shrimp last night. Peeled and de-tailed them even. Mac thought they were wonderful and begged for more, but he only got 2 finger-sized ones.

Shai wasn't interested; wanted Temptations instead. I put a few down for the other cats but didn't see who got them. With 8 in one room, I could create a real cat fight if I'm not careful.

My daughter's fiance goes shrimping every year and they clean and freeze as much as they can get. I sometimes get the overflow from the freezer.

I plan on having liver sometime soon; cheaper than shrimp. And I sometimes buy chicken livers. I won't cook the liver, but I'll have to figure out how to treat them one at a time.