• Every two months

4 18.18%
  • Never

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: * How Often Do You Wash Your Pets? *

* How Often Do You Wash Your Pets? *

HI EVRY 1!

I HAVE A DOG NAMED CHUBBY AND I WASH HER ONCE EVERY FORTNIGHT AND I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT. DO YOU THINK I NEED TO WASH HER MORE OFTEN OR LESS OFTEN IN A MONTH? WHAT DO YOU THINK? ARE THERE ANY KIND PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME?

THANK-S FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND I HOPE YOU REPLY SOON.

I created and made my own website on Elvis Presley - The King, for all of you out there who love him! Have fun seeing his pictures and reading his biography.

GOD BLESS AND LONG LIVE THE KING!

Dogs need to be bathed once in a while, but I understand not so often as to cause them to have dry skin. Which I guess would be once a month. Cats, however, like I have, I never bathe them as long as they're in the house.

I bathe Kia once a month, unless she gets into something really nasty.... then she's in for it.

My cats only get bathed if they get into something or are extrememly muddy and smelly.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I get Buddy Boy bathed about 5 times a year - otherwise it dries the skin out.

Hannah gets her bath at the groomers every 6 weeks. She also gets clipped at the same time. I do some periodic combing in between. Tucker goes to the groomers for a bath and clip every three months, but I give him a bath once in between. So actually they both get bathed every 6 weeks. Tucker needs a lot more combing than Hannah. Although he doesn't seem to get too dirty, his hair seems to get stringy when he needs a bath.

As a matter of fact, my Golden girls, Honey and Lilly, are at the groomers today for a good bath. I usually try to tackle the bathing chores myself in the warm months, bathing them maybe once per month. But in the cold months, they go every 6-8 weeks to be groomed by someone who has all the equipment to do it correctly.

The cats????? Never even tried it!!!!! I depend on them to keep themselves clean.

Drake gets bathed once everyother weekend in the summer. And once every month in the winter. He never smells, but if he goes for a while without a bath, his fur gets dull and sheds exessively.

Mom used to wash our German Shepard, Modoc, weekly, long story ... The vet convinced her to cut it back to once every 6 weeks as it was hard on his skin and he was having a bad reaction to soap? (Sorry, it's been a number of years and the details have fled my memory.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I try to give Duncan a bath about once every 6 weeks or so. He jumps right into the tub for me. Not because he loves baths but he loves the tub!! Once he's in there and knows what I'm up to he tries to get out!!! And after the bath, it takes me another hour to clean the bathroom! I love when he is clean! He smells so good and his black coat is so shiny and soft!!!! He's due for one now actually! He'll be thrilled that you reminded me~!

Every 6 Weeks

I take both mine to the groomers. They both are so big, but if they really get into something, & of course if it warm, I might give them a good scrub down!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Former User Guest
    So far we haven't washed Casper or Kitty at all, let's see when the need comes....

washing pets !!

well , I only once tried to wash my cat Sydney . The result was that I was even more wet than my pet !!! Oh no , NEVER AGAIN !!
    If my cat wishes to do the washing himself , well , so be it !!! from now on , I respect his meaning about this !!!

from your very wet cat-lover LUT :

Well, Louie gets a bath almost every other month except in the Winter. During the Summer month or when the pollen count is really high we try to do it every other month, Louie and I are allergic to grass

Loud Louie sez,
    I don't like baths. I gotz my Mama trained tho she haz ta getz in the tub with me cause I'm so short .... Daddy sez it's purty funny ta watch us! I don't like baths. They take away all my neat smellz. Sometimez Mama washez me with a HandiWipe cause she sez she doesn't like my parfume, "Essence D'Earthworm" I just love it...Maybe Mama's nose doesn't work so well.

twice a week

Simba gets a bathed twice a week. His skin is not dry at all! He always smells good too

As Bob Dylan would say...." honey I've gotta think you're really weird........" nuff said. (Bob's 115th dream..)